Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6370 for Verzion

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Vipthomps, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Vipthomps

Vipthomps New Member

This looks to be a very solid phone and got 8 out of 10 on CNET. Does everything i want. Its CDMA2000 and also 1900MHz. The question i have is wether or not verizon is going to carry it. If not would i be able to buy the phone and then just update it myself with *228 (do it occasionally now with my phone so nothing new there)

2. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon won't carry this phone since it's 1900mhz only, and they will only activate (with rare exceptions...Audiovox Thera being the most recent) tri-mode phones.

In the past, 1900mhz CDMA phones have been destined for Sprint. However, Sprint and Nokia do not have a very good relationship. Maybe this will be Nokia re-entry to Sprint...We shall see....

3. Vipthomps

Vipthomps New Member

I just found out about the 6385 today. Just as good maybe better and works on all of Verizon's signals (AMPS, 800, 1900 and 1xRTT {a.k.a. CDMA2000} ) any word on this one...supposed to be available in the second half of this year ...question is will Verizon pick it up...I'd be surprised if they don't. They could really use more phones in their selection...lose a lot of people to Sprint and Cingular for that reason even though Verizon tends to be a better serviceText

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Member

The 6385 did not even show up on the Nokia site. Have you heard anything about Verizon using it?

5. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I know VipThomps what are you talking about? Never heard of that phone, the 6385?? [​IMG]