Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6360

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Computerteacher, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Computerteacher

Computerteacher Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    [​IMG]
    Ok I took the plunge!! I decided to shelf my 6160 for the new 6360 on AT&T! (now it was a toss up between the v60 and the Nokia) AT&T gave me a great deal because I signed a new 2 year agreement two months ago. I got the phone for $30.00!!
    It is light easy to use and I never had a phone like it! Programming is easy, the voice dialing is fun to use and anyone can program it. I was despartely afraid of an internal antenna because I had a 8260 for a littel while, but Nokia has worked all the bugs out! The power and reception is better than I have ever had! Two features it does not come with that the other Nokias do and that is the Lock out. )When you turn the phone on you have to unlock it) and the covers canot be switched.
    It is VERY LIGHT!!! and yes it does ring a vibrate also

So that's it from Fort Lauderdale.

2. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

I have to totally agree with this... I just upgraded my aging workhorse Nokia 5165 to the Nokia 6360... AT&T is my carrier. IMHO this is one AWESOME phone. I am thrilled with it.

Picked up the phone from my local AT&T Wireless store for $149 tax not included... Long story, but they did not require a one year contract renewal, but I believe they made a special exception here as that IS NOT normally the case.

Buying technology is sooo tough. Do you buy behind the curve for pricepoint, on the curve, knowing it's lifespan "might" be limited or ahead of the curve and suffer some loss of current funtionality?

The 6360, I feel is right on the curve... It's TDMA for me, because TDMA is here, and it's widespread. No worries for me about limited coverage areas. So that settles that. Why pay good $$$ for a fancy phone if you have to worry about where you can use it?

About a year ago, I got into PDA's. The 6360 has repalced my PDA astonishingly well, albeit totally. I synch my 6360 via infrared with the desktop using Microsoft Outlook. I do all my data entry using the dektop as data entry using a phone with it's small keys is agonizingly frustrating. I love this feature. I know longer carry my PDA as my Nokia 6360 has it all for me.

The 6360's screen isn't color, but it's large enough and the fonts large enough for these 51 year old eyes to see very well. No strain.

Call quality, at least in my area with the 6360 is exceptionally good, A big improvement over my previous phone.

Programming is simple and can be easily picked up in less than 30 minutes.

The phone "looks" large but somehow when you use it, it's not. I'm amazed at how small it is. It is so flat that it fits into one's pocket without one hardly noticing it. i was impressed.

I debated between the Ericsson T68 and the Nokia 6360.... I believe the T68 is positioned well for the future with GSM, but GSM is still early and not totally widespread. I had read some user reviews about software instability with the T68, but I'm sure it's the exception and not the rule... But it made me steer clear.

SO I feel I've got it all.. small size, excellent battery life, readable screen, easy programming, e-mail, text messaging, voice commands, extraordinarily useful synching with the PC desktop, a PIM and so muc more...

This phone may not be totally cutting edge but once you get into it, it is so solid there's little or nothing to complain about. Do a web search for the Nokia 6360 and go on and on reading the stellar reviews.

OK so where do I sign up to do the commercial?

Happy Father's Day All!!!

Ballzo

3. Computerteacher

Computerteacher Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes I will do the commerical with you!! The only minor problem I am having is that I cannot get the infrarer to go on my windows 2000 Prof. Other than that I can not ask for anyting better!!!

4. Ballzo

Ballzo New Member

XP has native support for infrared..... As long as the specific infrared device is supported.... Not sure here, haven't worked with W2K in awhile but don't you need a special driver?

B

5. Tabasco

Tabasco New Member

I am running win2k and I have had no problems with it working.

The only problems I have had is trying to get the software to allow me to push more than just one phone number per entry.

Had anyone found a fix/workaround for this?

6. ndbapproach

ndbapproach New Member

I own a 6360 as well, having migrated from a 6162... Nokia did a commendable job, but missed a few things..
    1) you can't lock the phone with a security code - yes, I know you can lock the keyboard, but NOT the phone. If you lose it someone has access to your phone.
    2) if you use a headset like I do in higher noise areas, you'll notice the phone doesn't "ring" inthe headset... it's a piezo element on the left side of the phone.
    3) the faceplate is very fragile; I'm a private pilot and forgot to remove the 6360 from my belt before sliding into the ____pit. Rapped the face on the armrest and cracked the hell out of it. Buy a spare case (they're cheaper now that the aftermarket is making them) and a tool to unscrew the case.
    4) you can't use it as a modem to connect to an ISP, like we did with the 6100 series.