Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6360 Now Avaible For SunCom (Triton PCS)

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ComicalMoodyDan, Jul 17, 2002.

1. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    SunCom (Triton PCS) is now selling the Nokia 6360 on their website for $99 with new service and a one year agreemeant.

Nokia 6360

2. jayandsilentbob

jayandsilentbob New Member

Dan,

You are everywhere on this board. You are the man. I think SunCom really owes you for your presence on this board. So, is going from the 5165 to the 6360 like going from a Toyota Corolla to a Toyota Avalon? The phone sounds great and I can wait until mine gets here in 3-5...thanks again for all your help.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    heh you are welcome. I've never used the 6360 so I can't say, but everything I have heard about it has been positive. Let us know how you like your phone [​IMG]

4. jayandsilentbob

jayandsilentbob New Member

Really digging the phone. When I went to have it activated, several customers kept asking the rep if I was bringing it back because I think that they can't keep them in the store.

5. blikbok

blikbok New Member

I had a 5165 and now have a 6360.

The biggest differences are:
    1) the physical size, shape, and weight.
    It's lighter, thinner, and less of a brick. It's actually lighter than my 3360, and barely an inch longer.

2) the software and controls.
    The 6360 has a separate volume rocker on the left side. I hated trying to turn up the volume on my 5165 after logging into voicemail-- since I entered my pin, the up/down key on the front would just move the cursor around, not change the volume.
    Also, the 6360 has dedicated call/hangup buttons and two soft buttons, where the 5165 has the single "soft" button and the "C" button. I find this to be a superior way of navigating the menus.

3) My car charger, wall charger, and headset from my 5165 still seem to work. I haven't tried it in the hands-free car setup my friend has for his 5165. We'll see.

I find the 6360 to be better than my old 5165 in almost every respect, and it has so far been well worth the out-of-pocket upgrade cost.

6. parthery

parthery Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9810
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Biggest advantages of the 6360...

1.) Battery life...It uses the LiOn from thhe 8260 and lasts foever.
    2.) A decent voice dialer that actually works.
    3.) A bigger display thats easier to read.
    4.) Better reception. Despite the internal antenna, I get RSSI numbers that are 2-4 lower than my 3360 got sitting right next to each other.
    5.) All the 5100/6100 accessories...except for the case....are interchangable.