Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6360 - more (positive) news

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by KevinJames, Dec 14, 2001.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    "Though it may not be as sexy as the 8390 or the 9290 Communicator, fans of Nokia's 6160 phone for AT&T service will be happy to note that the model's sequel is nearing its release. The 6360 is slimmer (4 ounces), with a 40 percent bigger screen and a built-in infrared port for exchanging electronic business card info with phones and PDAs. It also works with Nokia's PC Suite. It's worth noting that the 6360 is Nokia's first digital phone to support wireless TTY/TDD (Teletype Device for Deaf) compatibility. The mobile will be available early next year for an estimated price of $100 to $150."

Above quoted from: CNet Article written by: By David Carnoy 12/11/01

2. Eastexan

Eastexan New Member

"WHEW! I AM WIPING THE SWEAT OFF MY BROW AS I SPEAK." Kevin, I sure am glad you found that article on the 6360 being offered by AT&T. I was afraid they had decided against it. They are so secretive about it that customer service in both Nokia and AT&T didn't have a clue that it even existed in the planning stage. My 6162 is getting worn out and I was going to have to get another 6160/6162 from Ebay, since AT&T no longer offers them. But hopefully it will hang together long enough to get the 6360. I like the feel of that size phone and it's so user friendly. I heard that the batteries will not be interchangable, but most everything else will, including the car handsfree kit. And I am also glad that the price will be reasonable.

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  4. Womack

Womack New Member

This is the best thing since the invention of slice bread! The Nokia 6360 will help make up for not allowing the Nokia 7160 in the AT&T market. It has all the features of the 7160 and much much more! It even fits in the same car kit as the 7160 -- for those who love their 7160.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Any word on a 6390 for VoiceStream/GSM to upgrade the 6190?