Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6340 Unlocked ?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by lostagain, Sep 2, 2002.

1. lostagain

lostagain New Member

Is it possible to unlock a Nokia 6340 ?
    If so does eney of the Nokia unlocking software seen on e-bay do the job ?
    (I have asked some sellers but not received a reply)
    or does someone know of a reputable dealer in the Chicago area, or on the Internet that can do this for me ?
    I am also interested in possibly buying and or unlocking a Siemens S46 !

2. singledadlkng

singledadlkng New Member

If you get an answer on unlocking let me know.

According to an emial I got from Nokia....

Dear Charles,
    Thank you for contacting Nokia Customer Care regarding the Nokia 6340 and 6310i phones.

The Nokia 6310i phone comes standard with the Ultra Slim Li-Polymer 1100 mAh (BPS-2) battery. This is the same battery used for the Nokia 6100 series phone.

Thank you for your interest in the new Nokia 6340 phone. The Nokia 6340 phone is the first Nokia GAIT phone that will operate in all 800 and 1900 mHz frequencies. The phone is currently available through Cingular Wireless and they can be reached at 1-866-246-4852.

We are unable to determine the factors that results in a service provider selecting a particular phone for their service. We recommending contacting AT&T Wireless for further details as to why they decided not to carry the Nokia 6340 phone. They can be reached at 1-800-888-7600. We apologize for any inconvenience. AT&T Wireless will also be able to advise you of your options for purchasing a phone without a "SIM lock".

For information on new products, please continue to visit our web site, www.nokiausa.com.

We hope that you will find this information helpful. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for choosing Nokia for your cellular needs.

Sincerely,

Shane Customer Care Nokia Inc. NokiaUSA.com

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This is the real meaning of the above letter:

Dear Charlie:

We don't know what the hell you are talking about so if you want to know why Cingular or AT&T carry a phone or not you need to call them, not us.

Sincerely,

Shane Customer Care Nokia Inc. NokiaUSA.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BigFoot

BigFoot Member

I am under the impression that the 6340 had not been re-released yet......I spoke to someone at Cingular yesterday and she didn't have a release date for it. Someone said they weren't even sure if the gait phone would be available in NJ. Have you heard anything of that nature?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i heard the 6340 is a pig. oink.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Member

It had problems and was pulled. But, my understanding is that it would be re-released when they fixed it.

7. Viceduke

Viceduke New Member

Problems are not with the phones, but with the other systems.... Close to launch, I believe

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Member

Will the 6340 be offered in northern NJ?

9. BG1811

BG1811 Junior Member

I have one of the Nokia 6340 with Cingular in Western Kentucky. I have had it since late July 2002 so they are available. So far, I'm not impressed with the phone. The sound quality is not very good and I'm having a lot of roaming issues with it. I'm on Cingular's nationwide plan. My wife's 6161 will be working fine on roaming and my 6340 (right next to her's) won't work. I don't think the bugs at out of this phone.

10. macdavis

macdavis New Member

They have just released the 6340 last week in my area Richmond, Ky. After speaking to the techs at Cingular this has been the third release on this phone. Maybe you should take your phone back to the store and trade up to latest firmware. I had a 6161 until last week when I broke it, loved that phone. They gave me a 8265 with the insurance. Hoping to hear better news about the 6340, so I could trade this one in on a 6340.Not a lot of choise with Cingular. According to the rep they are suppose to release 5 new phones by Jan 1 at Cingular . If anyone has compared these two phones let me know. My 15 days is running out.