Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6280 - start up problem

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by analizer, May 26, 2006.

1. analizer

analizer New Member

I just purchased a Nokia 6280 and it was working fine until yesterday when I was downloading some photos from PC to phone.

Before transfer took place a message appeared saying that selected files might not fit due to phone memory limitations and asked if I wish to continue.

I clicked "yes" and that's how the problem developed. During the file transfer the connection via USB cable broke and the phone switched itself off.

When attempting to switch the phone back on, power comes on for few seconds and the screen immediately fades away, switching the phone off.

I was suspecting that the problem might be with the phone memory being full and therefore the same might be low to "reboot" the software to start up the phone.

In this respect I have removed the memory card (mini sd 64mb) and the SIM card to free some memory and tried to switch the phone back on.

It worked in such a way that now the phone is on and displays the message "Start up phone without SIM card?” giving you two (2) options:

1. Accept
    2. Reject

When "Accept" is pressed, phone screen fades away and repeats the same few times before switches itself off.

When "Reject" is pressed, phone goes off immediately.

Would you be so kind to advise what if anything can be done to bring the phone back to the normal operation? Any codes and stuff available? Pls?

Any assistance given will be much appreciated.

2. rtellas

rtellas New Member

hi, i just purchased this phone and i was not able to use it not even 1 hour, i was downloading mp3 and mp4 media from pc to my phone when it went off all by itself and now i have the same problem u have, did u get any help? can someone plz help me?

3. analizer

analizer New Member

No solution yet. Apparently you will need to flash the memory of your phone, so I was told. I am waiting for the guy to get a correct cable so that he can hook up to a PC flash it. Good Luck!!!!:loony:

4. rtellas

rtellas New Member

ok thx, doesnt the usb cable that came with the phone work for flashing?

5. mustdayn

mustdayn New Member

hi,
    i got a problem too..after downloading themes from internet n transfer it to my phone using USB cable,i got a massage in my inbox. unfortunetly, the massage bring me into a problem by restrating the phone itself.but it restart about 10 min longer than usual!
    thinking of my phone is going wrong somewhere, i managed to delete all msgs in inbox since when i open the inbox it restart automatically.
    thought that the problem is settled..but still goes on when i turn it off and on again..it is still taking about 5-10 minutes to display the screen.
    Anybody can help?

Someone say that i need to reinstall the os?is that working?

TQ!

6. rtellas

rtellas New Member

if i could at least turn on my phone i would try to help ya :O

7. darknoise

darknoise New Member

Hi,

Im now having the same issues after downloading a bunch of j2me apps and saving them to the flash memory of my phone.

there is currently 3.2mb free on my flash memory [moved the apps to the card] and i have a 64mb mini-sd which i also removed since the problem came up..

as soon as it loads the main screen, the phone resets/reboots

i have a feeling it has something to do with loading themes/settings, im assuming these phones share the onboard flash memory for storage and ram...

although since my themes/ringtones are stored on my sd card that removing it would cause them to stop loading and use defaults... but it still doesnt boot..

anyone else have ideas on the situation?

8. mobiletutor

mobiletutor New Member

u need to flash the phone & resett the user settings on it .Go to any mobile repair shop .They will do it in 5 minutes .Coz u need to have a software & dongel & data cable . that is not easily avaialbe .

9. darknoise

darknoise New Member

ah ok, just out of curiosity, do you know which cable you need and/or where it can be purchased?

10. gadgets crusader

gadgets crusader Junior Member

My Phone:
    n6630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SMART COMMUNICATIONS,GLOBE
    yeah you were right...but i think there is another way to solve that problem.....they said that after 10 mins. the fone restarts itself,right?so you can do this steps:
    1.turn on the phone with the simcard on it...
    2.in a normal display mode,type *#7370# there sill be a note asking if you are going to reset the fone.
    3.just select yes.
    4the fone again ask for the security code if you havnt changed it then it is only the default which is 12345.
    4.then the fone restarts by itself.
    5.just wait untill its done and presto it will work again like before..
    some other cases dont but theres no harm in trying besides the procedure is safe...

enjoy....

11. darknoise

darknoise New Member

sounds nice gadgets crusader, but when i turn on my phone, it asks for the date (cos its been flat for a while now) and then restarts...

theres no chance to enter that command.. i really need to go get it flashed already

12. gadgets crusader

gadgets crusader Junior Member

My Phone:
    n6630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SMART COMMUNICATIONS,GLOBE
    ah ok mate...i think you must have to reflash your phone.....regarding my post,,,let it be a reference for others...

:wink: