Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6255i

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by orioles150, May 31, 2005.

1. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have been seeing ads for the nokia 6255i recently and so i looked into it and saw that there are a few CDMA carriers picking it up but it didnt appear that Verizon was one of them. Does anyone know if Verizon will pick up this phone? It looks like a nice phone and I dont understand why Verizon wouldn't offer it.

2. string216

string216 Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    From the info I have been seeing, Verizon will most likely get a version similar to is named the 6256i. However, in verizon style, most usefull functionality that they can charge you for will be stripped out. You can get an unlocked, unbranded 6255i and force it on to verizon. Not all functionality will work, however, the speculation is that once the 6256i comes out, more of the carrier specific features from the 6255i will work properly. More info can be found here.
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20040809/2338238_F.shtml

S

3. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Alltel is picking it up. I hope the don't disable most of the Bluetooth capatilities.

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    CellularONE-Western Wireless had this phone in late May. From what I understand it's a pretty nice phone and the Bluetooth® functionality has not been stripped out. In fact, the 6522i is CellularONE's first Bluetooth® capable handset.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I returned my Motorola V710 because of its limited Bluetooth capabilities. I have had a 6355i for about a week and have no complaints. I was able to synch with my PC and transfer by Outlook contacts to the phone painlessly via Bluetooth. I have also been able to transfer MP3s the same way. I have no complaints so far.