Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6255i or 6256i

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by jfxf, Sep 24, 2005.

1. jfxf

jfxf Junior Member

My Phone:
    v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, was Cingular for too long
  2. pbw

pbw Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6016i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, formerly Alltel
    No. I wanted to try desperately. What people would do is buy the phone from Cellular South, then do an online ESN swap on the verizonwireless website. That used to work, but now Verizon has stop allowing ESNs from blocks of phones they do not sell. VZW is now just like Sprint PCS. They will not activate unbranded phones or phones from other carriers.

What sucks even more is as crippled as the 6256i is and even thought Verizon Wireless has the manual on their website and Nokia says the phone is available from VZW stores, *no one* at VZW has a clue about this phone.

I went to a store, asked. Blank stare, then "No you want an LG, we have lots of LG flip phones.". Called the Customer Service line three times. First guy hung up on me. The second one transfered me to Mexico. The third one spent an hour on the phone, talk to a manager, a store in Imperial CA and even Nokia. No dice, though she did believe me when I told her where the manual was on the VZW site and about the Nokia web page (featuring a VZW branded 6256i!!).

Sorry, I just walked over to Sprint PCS and they were happy to take my money.

3. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The 6256i IS the version of the full blutooth 6255i, for Verizon.
    It is about to be released within the next couple of weeks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...