Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6255i Hinges

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by PTCO911, Jan 31, 2006.

1. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I purchased a Nokia 6255i in June 05 and a second for my wife in August 05. They have both developed cracks along the top hinges. One has cracks along the seams of the outer part of the hinges, the second has started cracking along the inner larger part of the hinge. I have turned one into Nokia for repair, but haven't been advised as to whether it is covered under warranty.

Is this a know issue with this particular model? I sent an email to Nokia regarding this and was advised they were unaware of it. They were my first two Nokias and more than likely the last. I love the phone's features but they don't do much good if the phone falls apart or spends most of its time in repair.

2. GSbiker

GSbiker New Member

My Phone:
    HTC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have three of the Nokia 6255i phones. The hinges broke on all three in the first month. :mad: I put a little super glue in each crack. That seems to have taken care of it but I know it is not a long term solution.

Anybody know where I can get replacement plastic for this phone? We really like the phones. They work in my house where other phones would not work at all.

3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    They're aware of it... or, at least, Alltel is.

Here is the policy: Phones with a cracked hinge should be sent to off now that the extended DOA period is over. This issue should be covered under the warrenty as long as there is no damage to the inside or outside of the phone signifying physical damage (such as the phone being dropped).

You should be able to have the phone sent off and repaired. The 6255iA update was the exact same phone but it had stronger hinges.

You should be able to go to the Alltel sales office and have them send it to get fixed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I've heard quite a bit about the hinge issues with this phone. I haven't had any problem with my Verizon 6256i. I've had it since April with not one hint of hinge problems.

Is this an issue with the Alltel versions? Or a 6255/6256i problem??:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...