Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6255 for Verizon?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by mortimer, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mortimer

mortimer New Member

Does anyone know if Verizon is planning to launch the 6255? If yes, does anyone know the expected date. The information I can find on the web indicates the phone should be out in the US in Q4, but it does not indicate which carriers are expected to carry the phone.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    According to forum talk on Phonescoop, there were a few mentions of Sprint receiving it near year end, and Verizon about Feb, 2005. Regarding the timeframe for Verizon, with their testing periods lasting forever, the February date may be a little too generous.

Someone also metioned that Nokia will have more phones coming out for Verizon next year. We'll have to wait and see on that one. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am sure next year we will see Nokia phones that can do EV-DO. Motorola not looking as great with V710 so I could see this phone do as well if not better than UTStarcom 9900.
    If or when this phone comes out it should be a big hit in the CDMA world. :hyper: :smokin: