Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6233

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by wahine, Aug 6, 2006.

1. wahine

wahine New Member

Anyone here have any info regarding this phone? Not so much technical but do you own one and do you like it? Does it work well... who is your provider?

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi wahine, long time. Where have you been hiding?:)

About the 6233, it is great phone specification wise, which I am sure you already know. It is however a 900/1800/1900 tri band so not only will you be limited in the US for not having the 850, you are probably not going to find too many users of it on this board.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wahine

wahine New Member

Good to see you here still :) -- I can tell you in a few short sentences where I have been :D . We're building a house and currently living w/my parents going on a year and two months :eek: -- I'm certain you can fill in the rest :loony:

My 6220 just started rolling to vm w/out any warning and I guess it's way too late now because I bought the 6233 this morning :( OH well -- I guess I'll re-list it on EBay.

I must say TMobile has sorry choices for phones. As you know I will only use a Nokia. :biggrin:

How is life treating you these days?

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Lol, yes I certainly can fill in the rest of it.

Here are some suggestions:

1.How about the 6230, not as fancy as the 6233 but a great phone with fantastic reception. You can either buy one unlocked or unlock it yourself using the calculator.

2. If you want series 60 you can not go wrong with the 6682. That one though you will have to buy unlocked or pay someone to unlock it for you.

3. If you want to go out on a limb like I did, and buy something that is not proven, then go for the 6131. It is one fantastic phone.

Let me know what you get.

Ps: one thing though, I forgot you had TM. Since T-Mobile uses 1900, and if they don't allow 850 roaming where you are going to use the phone, then 900/1800/1900 that the 6233 has will work just fine for you. You will not be able to avail of the UMTS/3G capabilities of the 6233 but I don't know if this is important to you. I had my eyes on 6233 also but unfortunately being on Cingular and living in WI, 850 MHz is a must for me.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Take care....:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wahine

wahine New Member

Charlyee -- Well I purchased my 6233 and it came in Monday... Rocky start but so far so good. I LOVE this phone. I only have had a couple of issues with a restriction code... hopefully I've resolved it. :browani: FYI -- this phone works with both a Cingular Prepaid SIM and TMobile paid account. Take care and look forward to seeing you again on the boards. :D

6. cradlle

cradlle New Member

hi man... i just want to ask you about solving that problem with the code... I have big problem with that ....
    it'll be very kind of you if you can help me... :)

thanx a lot...
    ivanstaffen@orangemail.sk

7. wahine

wahine New Member

I do not know if anything I have to offer will help.

Here is my story...

I bought the phone "Unlocked" by Nokia from a person on an un-named bidding place. When I put in my TMobile SIM in the phone it didn't work... said phone said it was restricted. Then I tried my Cingular pre-paid SIM and no issues. Took it out put the TMobile one back in and it works.

Sometimes the phone locks me out and if I put in the Cingular SIM then the TMobile SIM it works again.

I think it's a network issue because the whole reason I bought the phone was the transfer to VM without my phone ever ringing but I could make calls.

TMobile did some "switch" now my calls do not roll to VM on my 6233 (new phone; haven't tested my old phone yet) however I am getting a SIM card rejected error now on occasion on the 6233 (new phone). BUT -- my husband is on TMobile, on a TMobile phone and he gets a "insert SIM card" issue too.

So I have found a place that will "unlock" a 6233 and because I was told it isn't locked to a network that code isn't working.

Sometimes I think it may be the phone... I'm really at a loss and probably just bored you out of your mind :loony: sorry for not helping at all.

:censored: I'm so confused right now it's not even funny. I'm also sad because I think I just blew too much money on a phone that isn't what all it's supposed to be. I've never had a problem since 1997 with the Nokia's I've owned and I've joined so many forums trying to get help -- I don't know anymore.