Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6230 vs 7610

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by mace, Jan 7, 2005.

1. mace

mace New Member

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this in, but here goes.

I'm starting a new job soon, and my current phone is rather old, so I'm planning on getting a new one soon. I've spent some time looking at what's available, and so far, the Nokia 6230 and 7610 look the most interesting.

I know the main difference is that the 7610 runs Series 60 Symbian, while the 6230 is Series 40, plus a few small features. Also a few $$$. The thing is, I'm not really sure exactly what Symbian does or what the advantage of having it is. I've heard that you can run more programs on it, but what kind of programs, and where do you find them? It is worth the extra $$$ to have a "smartphone"? Any noticeable speed differences?

Also, if you have any recommendations for other phone models/brands that have similar features, I'd like to hear them.

2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Having Symbian on your phone allows you to use a lot more programs based on Java Mobile Midlets and more freeware programs than the Series 40 selection. The simple fact is that Symbian is used by numerous companies (Sony Ericsson to name one) so you'll find that there are more programs/apps out there.

A few places to get you started:

www.symbian.com
    www.my-symbian.com

Apps to consider:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474312
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=347611

I'll add more next week.

Personally, I like Symbian OS since it's a lot more flexible than Series 40.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...