Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6200

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ivengo, May 10, 2003.

1. ivengo

ivengo New Member

Hello guys,

Did anybody have a chance to play around with a new Nokia 6200?

Any interesting impressions, comments?

Thank you,
    Ivengo

2. t720

t720 Senior Member

No, I haven't had the chance yet, but if you call AT&T, they just started to quietly introduce the phone. It's not in stores yet...(maybe it will be there soon? [​IMG] ) . I think you can get a 30-day trial on it, if that helps [​IMG]

3. angrytaxman

angrytaxman New Member

I just stopped by my local AT&T store and they just got the 6200 in. It's pretty nice, and has a great looking screen. A review on www.cellphoneadvisor.com says that it gets awesome signal strenght. I'm thinking about getting one. If I do I'll let you guys know how it is.

4. vwDub

vwDub New Member

ATTN: Everyone,

I just did some major cell phone benchmark in Sacramento. I left Cingular with a Nokia 8290, because their service did not perform well in my apartment complexes, especially in Sacramento, CA. I just recently switched to Verizon. They are not so well either; unless you are in the Bay Area. Once you have signed the contract you get 15 Days to cancel it. That is what I have done. Now for some great news.

ATT just received a load of Nokia 6200 on May 19, 2003. The Nokia 6200 is only 149.00. The phone received a excellent reception in my first floor apartment compared to Verizon and Cingular and T-Mobile.

I love the erognomics of the phone. The gold and the black color is not bad at all. This phone also carries a build in radio, which you can listen to when the OEM headset is connected; then after you can turn it on to loudspeaker. Meaning listening to it without the radio. It gets pretty loud too. The phone number scrolling is the similar to all the other Nokia phones. The phone has a clean LCD display. Volume switch on the side. You can set and download wallpapers. The keys are in a easy position to hit.

Functionality of the phone is excellent. The radio is a nice feature. Picks up great. I received all the channels I wanted cleanly. They made excellent improvements on the phone number entry. The text messaging still carries the T9 techonogy. Polyphnoic ring tones. Downloadable. It has a IR connection, meaning you can download the nokia software from nokia and enter phone numbers, wallpapers, ring tones, and etc, through via your laptop or computer system.

Need to say more... Overall, I am impressed with the service and especially the phone. Strong reception. I see the bars increase quickly when next to a window. When you are using the phone the signals increase when needed. I would recommened anyone to get this phone. This seems to be one of the best phones ATT has based on size, price, reception, and features.

Ask about rebates and additional lines.. major discount.

Victor

5. Stunna7516

Stunna7516 New Member

Ive got a few comments of my own. A large number of people are experiencing a hiss while talking, which includes me. Im getting a replacement in 2-3 days so Ill let you know the results. Besides that, Im EXTREMELY happy with this phone.

And my screen has some problems too, maybe I got a partial dud. The colors just change randomly and the backlight flickers.

6. CaliforniaJay

CaliforniaJay New Member

A "hiss" while talking? Do you mean a hiss while listening in on the speaker to OTHERS talking? I hear this but I do not hear anything while I am talking myself.

7. vwDub

vwDub New Member

you might just have a dud. do you receive a good reception? I know when i get full bars it is crystal clear here in sacramento,ca.

Anyway, does any of you guys know where to get or download free polyphonic ring tones? i know if you use your laptop or a IR to connect of your phone you can use the nokia suite software on their site to upload images and ring tones. it also has it's own converters. The images are easy. Acheiving the ring tone is hard.

8. Stunna7516

Stunna7516 New Member

I still need an IR cable. Can you find freeware transfer software? Im getting an IR cause its cheaper than the official Nokia.
    At HowardForums there are tons of links in a sticky to Nokia ringtones and image WAP sites.

No I mean I get a constant hiss from the speaker. Even on loudspeaker if Im playing the radio I can hear a slight hiss if I put my ear up close.
    I get near full bars if not full almost anywhere around here unless I touch my antenna.

9. CaliforniaJay

CaliforniaJay New Member

Yeah, I get the hiss in the speaker too. I can't believe it's just a defective phone because I am hearing too many people comment about it. I like the layout, size and capabilities of the phone, but unfortunately it has to be about the worst sounding cell phone I have ever used. Looks like mine is about to go back.