Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6131 Review

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by charlyee, Jun 12, 2006.

1. DagoBento

DagoBento New Member

Hi, everyone! I'm new around here and unfortunately I'm experiencing a problem with my 6131, now almost a year old, paint scratches and all. I still love the phone, and I'm not really looking forward to replace it. So, I hope that someone here can help me out.

First off, my 6131 was just fully charged when I went to go activate my Active Standby out of curiosity (never really tried it before, even though I've owned the phone for roughly a year by now). All of a sudden the screen dissolves into black and it resets. When it comes back on, as soon as the wallpaper loads, it dissolves into a black screen again and the phone shuts off.

When I turn the 6131 again, it just keeps blacking out and resetting. I sort of override the problem by repeatedly pressing the menu button so that it immediately jumps into the Menu screen. But as soon as I cancel the menu, it experiences the same problem again.

So now, my phone's on, I'm stuck in the menu, and I can't go into the standby screen, because I'm pretty sure it'll reset again.

I hope I elaborated enough to give everyone a clear picture of the problem. Hope I hear a helpful reply soon, and thanks in advance!

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Probably a missing file is causing it to reboot constantly. If you search in earlier pages in this thread, you can learn how to update your firmware. That might solve the issue.

By the way, does anyone know how to add a track list to the music player? When I go to the Track Lisk and then hit Options there's a choice to change the track list. Anyone know how that works? I've tried to figure out and also did a Google search and had no luck. I want to be able to switch different track lists but the only choice there is "All tracks." There is no menu to add or edit track lists in this phone. Looks like an unfinished feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...