Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6101 Review

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by M in LA, Sep 26, 2005.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Received my T-Mobile 6101 a couple of days ago. I had read through the manual to get the jist of this Nokia phone. This is the first Nokia I have owned in 6 years. I'm guessing things have changed quite a bit in that time.

The Good:

- Simple, straightforward user interface.

- Nice color outer display, which can have different wallpaper than the inside screen. This is not the case with several Moto's I own.

- Decent camera. Not a megapixel, but not a neccesity for me.

- Lightweight but not flimsy.

- Excellent-sounding radio. Phone comes with radio headset.

- A Nokia flip phone!!! I thougt I would never see the day...

- Typically good Nokia RF quality. Strong signal levels matching that of my other phones (Motorola V635, RAZR V3).

The Not-So-Good:

- In-call volume could be louder.

- Not enough menu customization. Not horrible but not as flexible as the Moto's.

- No Bluetooth. Not a deal breaker for me, but it would be nice.

I'm still getting used to this phone. Nokia menus are considerably different than Motorola's which is what I've owned for a very long time. Overall I really like the phone and am pleased with my purchase. This is a mid-level phone, which I understood before I bought it. It does what it needs to do, and it does it well. I'm glad Nokia is finally making flip phones.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this an 8, so far. I don't expect the world of this phone. It does what it does. I think this will be a popular Nokia model.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sounds like another solid Nokia. I can't wait to see a Series 60 flip.

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    One thing to add to my review:

Battery life has been excellent. Close to what is advertized. I've never had a phone whose battery has lasted this long (about 6 days so far).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...