Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6100 vs Nokia 6800

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Jebus, May 17, 2003.

1. Jebus

Jebus New Member

Which one of these two phones do you think is better?

I know it seems like I am comparing two very different kinds of phone here. My reason for asking is that I can get both these phones for the same price.

Both these phones have the same screen and a lot of the same features, although the 6800 has the benefit of various voice-controlled features, such as voice-dialing and voice recognition menu navigation. I suppose my real question is, for people who have either of these phones, how "liveable" is the phone?

I use my phone a lot and I am a bit concerned about the size of the 6800, since I carry my phone in my pocket. I haven't actually seen either of these phones, so please, any opinions about either are appreciated.

Thanks.

2. triumphsarm

triumphsarm New Member

well i can't comment on the 6800 since i've never seen it, but i have the 6100 and its VERY tiny! i can easily fit it in my jeans pocket, and it doesnt even bother me when i sit down or anything.

3. tbully

tbully New Member

lol.....I'm just the opposite. I haven't seen the 6100 but I love my new 6800. The keyboard feature is great if you're in to sms or emai etc. I also put it in my pocket because (so far) I haven't found a holster of sorts. (anybody have ideas for holsters?) The size was actually a concern for me also (coming from a Moto V60), but so far I'm very happy. You can't beat the features and audio quality of any Nokia over a Moto....personal opinion of course.

Later!!

4. Confused1

Confused1 New Member

I recently bought the 6100 and am very impressed. It doesn't have FM radio or camera...but then it is a phone and that's what I intend to use it as! It's very tiny and almost cant be noticed in a shirt pocket - definitely not in jeans/slacks. Has many features. Here's the links to two good websites that you might use to compare the phones and then make the decision based on personal preference. I'm sure either one is very good - just depends on what features you value more.

HAPPY SHOPPING! Let us know which phone you get and how you like it. CHEERS!

http://www.imobile.com.au/phonereviews/default.asp?ID=reviewsdec0241 (phones listed along right hand column)

http://www.reviewcentre.com/products8.html

5. Prophet6

Prophet6 New Member

I love my 6800. I, too, was concerned about the size, as I carry it in my pocket. I've found that it's not really a consideration. And the weight is lighter than a V60 with an extended battery.

The speakerphone feature is a must have. Calling parties can discern no difference in my voice quality when the speakerphone is turned on, though the phone should be kept at a two-foot maximum distance to minimize any "far-away" sound.

And, of course, everyone oohs and ahhs over the phone so, for the moment, I'm the talk of the town! (Which will last a month or so.)