Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6010

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Shizam76, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    How is everyone's 6010 operating? Anthro, I know you have this phone. My battery really drops quickly. I know this is a Nokia thing, but this phone seems to go even quicker.

My 6340i lasts what one would call a normal amount of time. The bars don't do anything drastic.

My 6010.....Once I lose 1 bar, that same day I will end up with just 3 bars left(out of 7) only on minimal use. Maybe 2-3 SHORT phone calls. This is a brand new phone. Had it about 2 weeks now....Anyone else with the same?

Any other bugs or notes about the 6010 I should know about?

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have found that with a new phone, the battery needs to get adjusted. Use the phone, run the battery until the phone shuts down, then charge for 24 hours. This may help. If not, try the power saving devices, lit up for a minimum amount of time etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I thought it was bad to do that according to those articles about batteries that were posted on the board........that running it completely down was bad. Maybe not in the very beginning?

4. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I posted at least one of those articles, but it is my belief that initially, running it down is a good thing. In any event, do not do it on a regular basis. I am sure, that you will be on the phone one day with your GF or wife and the conversation will lead to a difference of opinion, the battery will probably be run down to no charge during that conversation.

From personal use, I have found that my first phone (before I knew the rules) and my second phone (following the rules) the battery showed signs of aging after about 15 months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Haven't noticed a problem, but then again I am only using the phone as a backup.

6. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Cell phone batteries only come half-charged, regardless of how much the battery meter says. The first thing you need to do is the day you get it, try to get home early and charge it the rest of the day and overnight with it being off, then you can get good battery life out of it. It is also good to "refresh" the battery every 30-60 days (run down the battery life until it dies and then charge it until it is full again). I've had good experience in doing this (but I never keep a phone longer than a year, even on a two-year contract ;)).