Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6010 battery rocks!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by azcellphonejunkie, Dec 29, 2004.

1. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    I just signed up for Cingular and got a Nokia 6010 with the service. I have been using my V600 because of the headset, but I wanted to see how long the battery on the 6010 would last, so I have my T-Mobile SIM in it and it has been on since I got it. I turned the phone on last Friday about noon, and it is still going with about half the battery life left! They say the battery should last about 240 hours from the Nokia website, and so far I have had it on for about 120 hours with only a few calls made and recieved. This is by far the best battery on a call phone that I have ever seen! Kudos to Nokia for doing such a good job with the battery consumption on this one!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Sounds like you have the Nokia BLC-2 battery, same battery that the 3589i accepts.

New battery charged for 24 hours last Saturday, then miraculously, the phone began to power-up properly (after 4 months) after a few Contacts were programmed into it, and today after making some test calls with it, the battery strength meter is down to 6 bars (out of 7). :thumb:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Nokia batteries are great(I love the batteries in my Nokia 3589i's)! GSM phones will, however, usually have longer battery life than CDMA phones.

4. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I think that has something to do with the technology. When the CDMA phones are in low service areas, they suck down more battery than the GSM phones do. I spend 8 hours here at work every day and the Nokia is only showing 1 bar of service on T-Mobile. Calls do come through though, and it rarely goes out of service...

5. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I noticed the GSM batteries didn't have to be recharged as frequently as the others, even when making calls.

Although the T-Mobile GSM phone (which has a color screen) battery required recharging quicker than the GSM phones without color screens.

6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Color Screen phones natuarally consume more battery power, but to tell you the truth I'm happy with my LG 6k; when I talk 2 hours or more a day I have to recharge it every night, but if I don't talk quite that much I only recharge it every second night and that's fine with me.
    AZ, I don't think the fact that GSM phones consume less power in low signal areas is the only reason, that's one of the reasons, but there are others I think.

7. cgd

cgd Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Gotta agree on Nokia batteries. I know several CingT&T folks with the 6010 who are happy campers on battery life and reception. I had a 3100 which was awesome while I was GSM. I have a 3587i with Alltel now, which is wonderful too. I tried some of the cuter, more loaded phones, but I always come back to Nokia because they what a phone is supposed to do and do it right! Cuteness and gadgetry are good, but I need signal strength and battery life. I'm over my desire for flips and cameras finally!

8. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Here is a quote I found on a website. It is very simplified, but good.

"GSM phones typically have better battery life due to the less complexity and time based system that GSM uses."

9. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    My first mobile phone was a GE/Ericsson (on Cingular (then CellularOne)), then switched to a Nokia 100. With the exception of the GE and an LG G4010 (which I no longer use), all of my other phones have been Nokia.

10. cgd

cgd Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Yeah, I try other phones but always come back to good ol' Nokia. I had an LG C1300 with Cingular that had to be replaced twice, and my husband's C1300 was starting to go also. The best phones I've ever had (reception-wise and call quality-wise) have been the 5165, the 6340i, 3100, and now my 3587i. And Nokia has plenty of models to choose from for the gadget-inclined as well!

11. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

Did you 'google' that as well?? :D
    Thanks for the quote anyway ;)

12. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Andy:
    I google everything! I like to read about everything I can get my hands on. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the best search, but there are few things you can't get an answer to by doing a google. :)

By the way, there was a great story (about 30 minutes long) on Google on 60 minutes tonight. Anyone else see that?

13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nope, I don't usually watch 60 minutes. What did they talk about for 30 minutes?
    I don't know what we'd do without google ;)

14. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Here is the link to the 60 minutes website about the story
    Google on 60 Minutes

I of course found the website by doing a google search :)