Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 5190, help me!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Sprint PCS 411, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless GSM America
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sprint PCS 411
    Hey it's me again...

I have a few questions regarding the Nokia 5190.

First of all my friend gave me her old one and it is set for T-Mobile, only problem is I want it to be set to AT&T Wireless/ Cinguilar. This is a GSM phone runs on band of 1900. Ok my question is, is AT&T all 1900 GSM or 800/850 also. And in what markets is AT&T 1900 GSM (in FL, GA, SC, NC, VA and DC is where i would need to use the phone)?

Well when I go to the nokia website and look at the phones features is says is has GSM 1900 and AMPS. I don't understand how can i get a GSM plan and have my phone run on AMPS when GSM is not avalible. Can i request this as a service or not?

Thanks for your replies, Sprint PCS 411

Well the Nokia 5190 is set to Tmobile at the current time

I want to reset it (unlock it) so it will be on the AT&T Wireless or Cingular (which ever will be better in the long run) 1900 GSM network.

I think AT&T is a PCS provider making them strictly 1900 and Cingular is 850 (and maybe some 1900). So i would like to have my phone unlocked to AT&T Wireless. Therefore it can roam on the 1900 GSM Cingular network as well as the AT&T AMPS and AT&T 1900 GSM network.

So i need the IMEI for the Nokia

Thanks!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...