Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nokia 3595

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by robbiedee3, Jul 9, 2006.

1. robbiedee3

robbiedee3 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular
    i recently bought this phone from a thrift store for my daughter. she has the :censored: firefly :censored: but it keeps going off. anyway i turn on the nokia and it says phone restricted. it asks for a restriction code and i can't figure it out. i tried owners manual stock code but no luck. i tried code generator no luck either. hope someone has better idea and can help.

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    First off, :welcome: to WA!

You need to call Cingular and talk to CS. The SIM on a Firefly is heavily restricted, and won't work on a normal cell phone (which the 3595 is telling you). Cingular will either send a OTA (over the air) update to the SIM, or they will have to send you, or you will have to pick up a new SIM for your daughter to use the 3595. :)

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    true story......the OTA will work only if your connected to the network........if you give cingular the SIM ID they can give it restricted access......OTA the SIM and get it up and running on an actual plan cuz if i recall correctly the Firefly requires a unique prepaid/postpaid hybrid plan....they'll have you upgrade the plan and it should start working......if they can't get the Firefly to connect to the network.....you might have to go into a cingular store.....they'll upgrade your plan......write a new SIM and you'll be on your way...the SIM may cost you around $20....thats how much T-Mobile will charge you

just in case you were wondering....OTA.....stands for Over-the-Air......most carriers employ this technology so that when a new firmware becomes available for a phone or new roaming agreements are created and they need to update the preferred roaming database on a phone

btw how old is the actual SIM card because i have heard of peoples SIMs burning out from age and that it is good to get a new SIM every few years

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. allenash

allenash New Member

Re: nokia 3595 Restriction Code

Hi I have a Cingular Nokia 3595 that I got from my Dad -- he is no longer using it and the SIM is not working.

I wanted to move the SIM from my wife's AT&T Wireless Nokia 3100 to the Nokia 3595 since my wife's Nokia 3100 is not working properly.

When I do that, the Nokia 3595 asks for a Restriction Code -- which I am not able to provide.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Allen

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cingular may need to OTA the SIM because your trying to put an AT&T SIM into a Cingular phone......there may be locks that didn't get updated after the merger completed......call CS and im sure they can give you that code

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...