Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3595

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by LanceK, Jul 5, 2004.

1. LanceK

LanceK New Member

Anybody have any experience with the Nokia 3595?

In particular with AT&T GSM (other carriers welcomed too)?

I'm looking at this phone along with the Moto V600. I'm only interested in a good working phone and don't care about ANY cameras etc.

I've had a flip phone for years and am a little apprehensive about going to a bar type phone.

Comparing the two I'd be interested in hearing a comparison on.

1. Signal strength and clarity of calls.
    2. Battery life
    3. Speakerphone performance (I belive the Nokia has one, V600 does)

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have had the V400 & 3595 w/ Cingular, so here is what I think about both phones.

1. RF on both is about equal. clarity goes to Moto V400/600, but the volume is lower. This can be corrected with a hack posted at HoFo.
    2. The 3595 has better battery life. 1-3 days for the V400/600, 2-5 days with the 3595.
    3. the 3595 dosn't have a speaker phone to my knowledge??? But the V400/600 speakerphone is the best I have used.

Both phones are good, but from what you want in a phone I would go with the V600. And as I doubt you will like the size of the 3595, as it is one of the largest GSM phone on the market.

3. LanceK

LanceK New Member

Thanks.

I haven't seen the 3595 in real life yet so I wasn't sure how big it is. Many of the bar type phones I see these days are nice and small so that's why I was considering. I would also like to mount my phone to my dash and be able to easily answer the phone without flipping it open etc. In addition I've had bad experience with Motorola so that is influencing my decision.

Either phone is nice.

Great battery life is what I'm really after.

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you want a small cady bar phone. The SE T637 has been getting some very good reviews, but has no speaker phone. Also the Siemens s56 is a good little phone with good sound quality & speaker phone (not the greatest though). I am not sure if AT&T is still selling them, but you can get them cheap on eBay. :)

5. mpallo

mpallo Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6590i, 6820b
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US
    Highly recommend the 3595. A solid phone and great RF performer. Have both ATTWS and T-Mobile branded handsets. They are nice.

6. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have had 3 phones, the best by far is the 3589. It has most of the features of the fancy flip phones. A comparison made, of the phones, on the Verizon site or the phonescoop site, will show that the 3589 is superior in some of the areas, battery life, etc.

Much more subjective is the RF, the main reason for a phone. The Nokia, does not drop calls, where I usually did and the voice quality is always superior; no break up etc. The voice is loud enough for most people; although my 4400 was louder.

My only complaint is that it is not a flip, I like flip phones. But being cautious, I opted for a phone that works well rather than one that reminds me of my happy youth, watching Star Trek.

If you want a good phone and plan to use it as a phone, 2 thumbs up for the NOkia 3589.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mpallo

mpallo Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6590i, 6820b
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US
    Yep...and if I had to go Verizon (CDMA) the 3589i would be my choice as well. I know a few people that have it and love it.

8. LanceK

LanceK New Member

The 3589 is a great phone no doubt.

As far as battery life the SE T637 looks to be king. 540 min. talk time vs. 310 min. on the Nokia.

Battery life is one of my most important criteria. I'd rather go with Nokia in terms of brand name and availability of accessories but the SE looks awfully nice. I"ve read a number of outstanding reviews now too.

9. sethp212

sethp212 New Member

10. bubbasito

bubbasito New Member

I have a Nokia 3595 and find the phone pretty good. Unfortunately I have had a problem that constantly arrises with text messaging. After I recieve a text message I get errors on the phone that says "Insert SIM Card". I have changed out my phone 4 times and it keeps doing the same thing. Battery life lasts a really long time and works well in the boonies. Another thing that is annoying is when someone calls it causes my speakers to make crackeling sounds. My brother in law has the 3590 and it does not have any of these problems, but his signal drops to nothing when he is at my house.

The phone itself is really durable. It took a hefty fall the other day and survived with a nice scratch. Still works like a charm. Too bad it didn't fix the sim card :) .

11. svanwormer

svanwormer Junior Member

My Phone:
    V3xx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    What firmware version do you have? If it's anything lower thatn 8.12, you will most likely have the SIM card error problem. Check by pressing *#0000# and see what you have. Nokia will update the firmware for free if the phone is under warranty. If not, ask your provider. Seems if you have traded your phone in so many times, they would give you one with the latest firmware.

12. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I stopped by the local Verizon store last weekend to see what they offer. I asked about their prepaid plan, with the 3589i phone. It was possible to do, but for the prepaid plan, the customer would have to pay full retail price for the phone.

I previously went through two 3585i phones in 9 days, with Alltel (Simple Freedom service) whose phones are provisioned on Verizon here, and had trouble with both of them, either they were both defective (both had the same problem - would not detect incoming calls 100% of the time), or the 3585i is not 100% compatible with Verizon's network in this area. I liked the phone itself and the features (which I believe are the same with the 3589i), but could not get two of them to work correctly.

I have a 3595 with T-Mobile and it has been great so far. Battery time could be better though. The battery was charged last Friday, made 3 brief phone calls on it since (with separate, low T-Zones usage) and the battery already requires a recharge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. svanwormer

svanwormer Junior Member

My Phone:
    V3xx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sounds like it's the battery. The phone has great battery life. Was it properly charged & discharged on first use?

14. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Yes it was. The initial charge went some 5 hours before the battery finished charging.

The battery alone goes for $60 at retail, I paid $74.88 for the T-Mobile phone package.