Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3595 or Siemens CT56/Cing. GSM

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by PADutchman, Jun 19, 2003.

1. PADutchman

PADutchman Senior Member

I'm day 6 of new GSM service w/Cing. (pre-existing TDMA cust)
    The service / coverage is better than I expected, and I'm leaning toward staying with it, especially when you consider the price/share plans, Rollover (we're relatively light users)

I picked the Nokia due to past positive experiences with Nokia phones. The Siemens phone is an unknown to me.

The other consideration was the CT56

The Nokia has excellent RF/Signal, and superb voice quality
    What I don;t like: Keypad is odd.........color screen is next to impossible to see in daylight..........
    slightly bigger than I'd like

Can anyone share their observations on the CT 56 ? I see them in all the providers / resellers cases,
    but I don't see anyone carrying them on the street.
    I like the CT 56 size, and plain, orange backdrop screen. However, I don't want to give up signal strength/capture ability, or quality of voice.

Thanks to anyone who may offer their opinions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Alan85260

Alan85260 New Member

I have been a Nokia user for several years and always had good luck with them until it was time to replace the old workhorse 6160 (which I feel was the last good model). I went to 8260, 3360, 6160 the went GSM with the 3595. This was a disaster. The key had is the worst I have ever seen, the color screen is hard to read in daylight and the battery only gives you about 3 hours talk time. I just replaced my recenly purchased 3595 with the Siemens C56 and there is no comparison. The RF signal is every bit as good as Nokia (about the only good thing about it), the orange screen is very readable and the text is sharper than the color screen. The best part is the 5 hour talk time.