Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3589i display icons

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by bobgoulding, Aug 21, 2004.

1. bobgoulding

bobgoulding New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Does anyone know what all of the icons along the top of the display on this phone mean? I can't find a single place that says what they all mean including the manual.

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    First things first, welcome aboard and we hope to see you often.

Second, I will be in your beautiful part of the country in a few weeks on my way to vacation; Washington to San Fran. As a matter of fact one stop will be in Wellington

Now on with the show, my 3589, which is a great phone, has 2 icons always showing, 1x. this is a form of digital, it takes the place of the old "D".

The snow flake means that the phone is 911 GPS enabled, in the event of a tragedy and you are able to dial 911, you can be found.

The 2 reels, which show sometimes, means you have a message waiting.

If you have any other questions, even if I cannot answer them, others will be glad to contribute.

I hope that I have touched base on all the icons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobgoulding

bobgoulding New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank you, you would think that their would be a little chart or something in the manual, but I guess that would have been too intuitive.

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Any idea what the roaming indicator is? Does the "Verizon" text in the display change to "Roaming" or "Roam", or does a specific icon appear instead?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    My nokias on the America's Choice show "Verizon" while on your Home Verizon Network, and "Verizon Wireless" while on a non-home Verizon network(meaning outside your Home SID). It also shows "Extended Network", and "Roaming"(that it does with a solid triangle).
    Hope this clears things up,
    Andy
    P.S. Welcome aboard, Bob.

6. Chacolate

Chacolate New Member

what does extended network mean?

7. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I think Extended Network means when the phone is roaming off-Verizon, but is on a preferred roaming partner.

My 3589i (when I had it on prepaid in 2004) only displayed "Verizon" when it was on the home network or on another Verizon network. In Canada, only a solid triangle (the roaming indicator) was displayed.

On my next trip to Canada, I intend to take the 3589i with me, this time activated on Americas Choice, to see what the display reads on the way up going through another Verizon network outside of my home network, and once in Canada.