Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3585/Verizon

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by uwilsgd, May 30, 2002.

1. uwilsgd

uwilsgd New Member

Anyone have any news or updates about the new CDMA Nokia 3585? The phonescoop.com website states that it will be available 2nd half 2002. Will Verizon carry this phone or is it too early to tell? Any other new phones coming out soon for Verizon customers?

Thanks!

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I asked this a week or so ago, someone said that since it is Java enabled that VZW probably wouldn't have it, but now VZW will have Java...so I don't know! I hope so though, it's a very cool phone! [​IMG]

3. SPRINTPCSGUY2002

SPRINT PCS WILL BE CARRYING THE NEW NOKIA 3585 HOPEFULLY SOMETIME DURING THIS 4TH QUATER OF THE YEAR. AMONG OTHER PHONES SUCH AS: Sanyo 6400 - a version of the popular 6200 model; Hitachi P300 - Sprint PCS' first Hitachi handset; Samsung I330 PDA - supports voice, data, and is compatible with the Vision camera accessory; And Sanyo 5300 - re-make of the popular 5150 but with Sprint PCS Vision and has built in camera

4. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

According to what I know that NOkia will not be released from VZW for awhile until the CDMA/AMPS can be harnessed more efficently VZW has not carried a Nokia phone for awhile!!

5. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The 3585 better be for Verizon....

6. SPRINTPCSGUY2002

NOPE, ITS GOING TO BE FOR SPRINT PCS, JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS. I AM TOLD IT IS A 3G VOICE ONLY DEVICE. NO DATA SUPPORT

7. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Why can't it be for both? At least Verizon has sold Nokia's recently, they should get it, they *need* a nice small candybar style phone. Both have sold the Motorola 120c, that would be the best of both worlds!

8. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. braindead500

braindead500 Member

Are you sure its for verizon? Right now its at metropcs and that it.

10. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  11. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    If you go to the Nokia website, it says the 3585 will be available for 800 AMPS/ DIGITAL and 1900 Mhz systems...So maybe Verizon will carry it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. bukzin

bukzin New Member

Yesterday (Nov 19) I purchased the Nokia 3585 at the MetroPCS store on Arden Way
    in Sacramento. The guy said Metro is not yet supporting data for this phone but may
    soon.
    Anyone else using this phone with MetroPCS?

13. SBERB2468

SBERB2468 Guest

Hi. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new VX4400 Yahoo
    Group that has been started. If you aren't already familiar with these
    groups let me tell you a little about them. The group discusses and
    relays information concerning the release date, specifications, etc. on
    the phone. There is a picture section where i can post pictures from
    time to time as well as a files and links section where I also post
    stuff. The group is free to everyone. Just follow this link and join my
    group. Thanks for you support!
    [L=]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LG_VX4400/[/L]

14. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I found out (unofficially) that Sprint plans on carrying the blue version 3585 not the red which is pictured on the Nokia web site.

15. Razorcuts

Razorcuts New Member

Since Sprint PCS only runs on CDMA 1900 and not CDMA 800 the 3585 would be more phone than is necessary. I would think that Sprint would carry the 3570 which is a CDMA 1900 only phone. I also noticed a recent press release from Nokia announcing a newer 3585i version. The big difference between this phone and the 3585 is that the new phone is E911 capable. Hopefully Verizon will pick up both the 3585i and the 6385 phones to refresh their phone lineup.

16. JKL74

JKL74 New Member

I swear I don't think US Cellular will ever get this phone in! I was told it would be in Mid-November, then late November, then first week of December! Now they tell me the 3rd week of December. I have about had it with US Cellular. They are so behind every other carrier, that they don't even have wireless web! Supposedly they will be getting that by December of next year.. but I have my doubts!!

17. frail47

frail47 New Member

Verizon will not be carrying these phones. They passed on both and will wait for a color phone from Nokia. The 6385 is currently being carried by US Cellular and the 3585 is currently being carried by MetroPCS and soon to be carried by Sprint PCS. However Sprint PCS will not carry it in their stores. It will only be sold by Radio Shack.

18. Razorcuts

Razorcuts New Member

Can I purchase a Nokia 3585 from Radio Shack and have it configured by Verizon to work on their network? It is CDMA 800/1900 and AMPS, so it provides all of the proper frequencies for Verizon.

Also, what about the 3585i - the same phone but with E911 capabilities...will Verizon be carrying that one?

Finally, why is Verizon passing on these phones? Waiting for color is a lousy reason. It just drains battery life. I just want a solid phone with great battery life because strangely enough, the primary thing that I do with my phone is talk to people. I don't need all of the web browsing and game playing.

19. frail47

frail47 New Member

It is possible to have Verizon flash the phone to make it work on their system, however they won't support it when it comes to technical issues. So if something's wrong with the phone it's all on you. They passed on the phone because historically Nokia has made lousy CDMA phones. The fact that they're waiting for a color screen Nokia could possibly be because they need something with color besides the Motorola T720 to promote Get It Now and Verizon knows people want Nokia phones. But it's all speculation at this point. The way things usually are with Verizon, we probably won't know for sure until it actually happens.

20. NateL

NateL Junior Member

I am a US Cellular Agent in Des Moines, Iowa, we just got the 3585, Personally I think it is ugly and the features arent all that different from anything else. The one cool thing that it has is a SIM Card Like slot, so when the technology is available, you will be able to use your phone like a credit card, you can even purchase items with a vending machine. I thought that was pretty cool.

21. SBERB2468

SBERB2468 Guest

I just wanted to tell everyone i saw the 3585 at MetroPCS the other day and I am obsessed with it! It has to be one of the coolest phones i have ever seen and it looks so nice! Just wanted to say that.

22. NateL

NateL Junior Member

.... I respect your Opinion, but I think it is ugly, go with the 6385 it is a lot cooler

23. SBERB2468

SBERB2468 Guest

I was just wondering how you get your phone flashed to work with verizon? Cause I can go buy a phone from metro PCS but then I need to gte it flashed. Do I just take it to a verizon store or what? does anyone know?

24. WBOOPA

WBOOPA Junior Member

The Nokia 3585 will be out for Sprint PCS. The third party stores such as Radio Shack and others will be carrying the phone first. Sprint stores will not carry the phone unil sometime in Jan. I don't think Verizon will be carrying this phone. I don't think Verzion is convinced by Nokia, they can make a solid CDMA phone! Personally I think that will change. Maybe we will see the 6385 with Verizon, and maybe Sprint also. Hopefully if the 3585 is successful and has a low return rate with Sprint. I think we will see more Nokias with Sprint and eventually Verizon.