Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3390 - How to open battery door?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Almighty1, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Almighty1

Almighty1 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v60c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hi everyone:

My friend has a Nokia 3390 that I borrowed but how does one get the battery door to open? I know there's a button but what do you do after pressing the button down since I tried lifting and haven't had any luck in sliding. My friend hasn't opened the battery door before and the manual doesn't really say much. Thanks in advance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AprilFool

AprilFool Junior Member

If you are right handed do this:
    Put the phone on the palm of your left hand with the face down and the bottom connector pointing towards you. Put your right thumb on the little release button so that part of your thumb is over the bottom edge of the phone. Press firmly and push your thumb forward.

If you are left handed then I can't help you.

TheRealAprilFool

3. Almighty1

Almighty1 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v60c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks. Is there a certain way the button has to be pressed? So what you're saying is to slide the cover up towards to top of the phone where the power button is. I thought there were two hooks that there was a point you had to lift but I forgot is that before or after sliding.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Don't be afraid to use a little force on the button , and sliding the back.

From the Nokia manual:
    Remove the back
    cover
    Press the back cover release
    button and slide the cover as
    shown.
    3 Lift the cover off the phone.

At http://downloads.nokiausa.com/userguides/3390.PDF

5. Almighty1

Almighty1 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v60c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    It's not the button but rather it seems the battery might be pushing against the cover or something.

6. AprilFool

AprilFool Junior Member

It is very tight when it's brand new. Just push down around the release button area (try not to focus on the release button which is too tiny for an average thumb anyway... ) with the wide part of your thumb and push up (I guess that means push at a 45 degree angle or so) towards the power button. There are no hooks you need to worry about. It was designed to slide up, at least that's what the mechanical design engineer who worked on it said when I ran into him and complained about it. My wife was using a 3390 at the time. Takes practice but is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Fool

7. Almighty1

Almighty1 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v60c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks AprilFool. I've been trying for the past few days and no luck. Maybe my fingers are slippery or something.