Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3360 with Cingular

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The nokia 3360 I have with cingular will not go to analog mode when digital service goes to no service or when digital service has one bar. I have compared this against a nokia ( I believe 5160) and a motorola startac, both of which are TDMA with analog backup with Cingular as the provider. I took the phone into a cingular retail store to have a tech look at the phone. His reply was that analog systems are mostly extinct. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. erub

erub Junior Member

I'm not sure if mine works in analog mode either. I also have a 3360 with Cingular. When the digital service goes down in signal strength, I just can't make any calls. I think the 3360 is designed to use analog as a very last resort. Digital service is pretty good around here though, so its not too bad. As far as analog being extinct, its not at all, my uncle still uses his Motorola Vader analog phone extensively.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Does digital have to be non existant before analog will kick in?

4. Seadog

Seadog New Member

I have had two 3360's with the same problem. When the phone finally goes to analog & a call is made the phone may start beeping (Low Battery) during the call & shut itself off. (The battery is new & fully charged). I even purchased additional batteries & had the same problem

When you turn the phone back on it will show the battery is fully charged. Wierd!

Cingular is not helping to solve the problem in this area.