Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3360 with AT&T Wireless - connect to internet with Palm OS?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by NickC, Sep 25, 2002.

1. NickC

NickC Junior Member

Nokia 3360 with AT&T Wireless - connect to internet with Palm OS?

Okay - I've heard some different things about doing this. Does anyone know for sure if you can or can not use a TDMA service with AT&T Wireless to connect to the internet (make a data call by using the 3360 as a modem)? I'm trying to use my Palm OS device to connect via infrared.

2. Maggie

Maggie New Member

I am using my Nokia 3360 with my palm m515 to connect via infrared. I travel a lot and like to get my email and driving directions while on the road. I believe you have to subscribe to that service which is normally around $3.00/mo. Our customer service rep at Cingular signed me up for free because we have so many phones with them, so I'm not real sure about that cost. It works great, but took some time to get the configuration right on the palm.

3. NickC

NickC Junior Member

That's great - exactly what I want. No problem paying $3.00 per month for it either. But I've heard Cingular lets you do that. AT&T Wireless has been reluctant so far even thought the 3360 is capable of being used as a modem. Do you know anyone who's been successful with AT&T Wireless?

4. jkomut

jkomut New Member

This website may be useful. http://moltar.rutgers.edu/palm.html

I always seem to get 4 quick beeps no matter what number I attempted to dial. Maybe it was because data calls were blocked like in the case of cingular.

I gave AT&T wireless a call and not suprisingly the customer service rep had no clue what I was talking about. She kept going on and on about how I needed to purchase a cable from Nokia to connect my laptop to the phone (even though I made clear to her that I had an infrared connection between the two working). After talking to a tech guy she told me what I was trying to do is called "call tethering" and that AT&T does not have any error codes that would tell me why my data call would not work.

5. NickC

NickC Junior Member

More than one rep at AT&T Wireless has told me that they do not support data calls anymore. They keep insisting the only way is to go to GSM.