Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3360 thinks it's in car cradle

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Grinhooks, May 11, 2005.

1. Grinhooks

Grinhooks New Member

My 3360 has got the car icon stuck on the screen. This disables the internal earpiece. I've tried powering off, tried resetting to factory settings, and tried removing the battery for 10 minutes. I have all the phone numbers backed up to laptop, I'm ready to cold boot this sucka if someone would tell me how.

The AT&T / Cingular drones don't want to help, they just want me to get a new phone with another 2-year contract. They tell me with a smirk that I could get it fixed, but it'd cost more than a new phone. :censored: I don't want a new phone or new service plan, this one has the infra-red link and I just got an earpiece/boom I finally like. I like everything the way it is, except that customer support and signal both stink. Help!

2. HolyMoto

HolyMoto New Member

i see two possibilities:

1. Liquid Damaged. Car Kit Mode is a common sign on internal physical or liquid damage.

2. Lots of dirt. There could be some fuzz and or dirt that is allowing the connector to make a solid enough contact to make it think it is in a car kit.

These are the 2 things I commonly saw in customer's phones with the same issue. Unfortunately, Grinhooks, it doesn't sound good for you and your 3360.

3. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Another connection to the connector problem might be the fact that somehow the connector pins might be stuck in the car kit mode. This means that certain pins are active (shorted out).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Blue_Tech

Blue_Tech Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bluegrass Cellular
    BAM! On the head.

Saw this too many times.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...