Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3285

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The Verizon rep.'s all steer me away from this phone, but every review I've read on the web raves about what a great phone it is? Does anyone have opinions of this phone?

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I would avoid the phone if I was you. I have heard mixed things about it, the Verizon rep that I talked to in the Kingsport, TN office told me the phone was crap and it's the worst phone they currently sell right now for their network. However a Radio Shack employee told me it was a good phone and on the net I have read good reviews about it. A friend in Knoxville though told me the phone was crap too.

Nokia does have a history of making poor CDMA phones go with another phone.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll definitely be looking into something else.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The 3285 is supposed to have the bugs worked out of it

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't know about that Jack it has proabely only been a month or so since I talked to that Verizon Wireless employee and my Knoxville friend stated to me it was a bad phone just a few days ago.

It could be a good phone though, if its such a bad phone I don't know why ALLTEL now carriers it also.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

the 3285 is nothing but a hyped up 5185, which is the worlds most over rated phone. get a V120 for the same price at the shack

7. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Check out the Kyocera 2235 -- pretty decent phone and very user friendly. $60 at Radio Shack.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I talked to a ALLTEL rep today in Super Wal-Mart and he said the Nokia 3285 was a good phone and he hasn't had any complaints on it yet. I wonder why are the reviews so mixed about the Nokia 3285? Some say its good, others say its crap.

9. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    When the 3285 first came out it had some issues:

One the displays had a defect... the LCD would quit working after a week or two of use, you could reflash the phones memory and it would work again, Nokia admitted there was a problem and fixed it. The initial release also had an optional vibrating battery instead of in the phone silent alert.

The newest releases come with the vibrating feature built into the phone.

It's not the most glamorous phone but it has excellent reception and voice quality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. sugarqube

sugarqube New Member

Sorry, but I would have to disagree! My mom and I have a share plan and both of our 3285 phones are crap! When callers call they sound like they are far away and with the volume all the way up. We are planning on changing them for Motorola brand. You are better off with something else!

Laterz!

11. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    sugarqube

If you are having issues with the 3285 with call clarity and coverage, you should probably steer away from just about every CDMA motorola also... they are not the best phones on CDMA networks...which is disappointing because they do have some good designs.

Give a Sanyo a try.

12. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Okay....probably was bad form to push Sanyo's on the Nokia thread, but I have not had a chance to use a CDMA Nokia since July... and then I did like the 3285...I still have it if anyone wants to purchase...Radio Shack is going to have the new Nokia (first one in a long while) for Sprint PCS...The shack will have an exclusive on this phone over the holiday's. We'll see how it works out.