Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3285 Message Area

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, May 15, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does someone know how to (if ya can) change the display on the screen to something else other than Verizon.

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My cousin's counsin (what does that make him to me???), has one of these on Verizon.... I have never played around with it since I don't see him much, but I do know you can put something else up there. Try looking in your manual, or look up your manual online at nokiausa.com if you can't find it! Good luck (My 5185i doesn't have that option, lucky you!)

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Some Nokia models let you change the Profile names. So if you can do that, the name that you enter will display below Verizon when you choose that profile. However, it is more difficult and sometimes not possible to change the phone company name. I know I could do that in the 5120 but not with the latest ones. However, some people say that you can still change it by entering an AlphaTag in the Private or Residential system ID (P/RSID) menu, but it didn't work in my 8260 or 3360. Go to this page for instructions and good luck.

http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/nokia_secrets.htm

By the way, nokiausa.com or the manual will never give you this kind of info. However, a dealer may know how to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    have you gotten it to work yet

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I just figured out how to change the display on AT&T Nokias. You have to enter 40111 in the P/RSID 1, type your name in the alphatag for the P/RSID 1 (not the one outside the P/RSID menu), and make sure your SOC is 2049 (again this is for the SOC inside the P/RSID 1). If you have tried to do this in the past I'm sure you'll understand how to get there. If not, let me know and I'll give you detailed explanation.