Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3220b unlocking problem

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by kjo, Sep 17, 2005.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Okay I tried it by myself 3 times with codes that the nokia codes calculator gave me and it didn't work-so I stopped..knowing i could just get it from T-mobile.

So I contacted T-Mobile and they gave my the code. I put it in and it said SIM Restriction not allowed.

So what the bleep bleep is going on? My understanding is that you had 5 times to unlock a phone... or then it's permanetely locked to whoever it was assigned to.

Can someone verify that this phone had 5 tries...or did it only have 3 tries???? because if it only had 3 times...i think I'm in trouble. So if I am ...what now? how can I unlock it then...with a data cable?? help please :( I'm so bummed out right now

thanks
    kjo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    kjo,

as far as I know you need to have access to an unlock cable and a flash box. Flash boxes are pretty expensive so chances are that you would need to have someone unlock it for you. Normally only dealers and wireless shops have these so if you know someone with such equipment, then give that a try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Shores, why dose kjo need to have it unlocked by cable? All Nokia phone should be good with the codes, unless their is something wrong with the phone. If their is kjo or T-Mobile would have to send it to Nokia to reflash & unlock it.

kjo, Call T-Mobile back and tell them what happened. It sounds like their is a problem with your phone. The only thing that can be done now is to send it to Nokia. :(

4. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You're right, my response was meant to reflect what will happen if the code unlocking option is unsuccessful by using all attempts. Unlocking by cable is the next step.

But that sure sucks......having to send it to Nokia. With a hardware problem, it's understandable but for the simple unlocking process, that option seems unpractical. That seems to be the only plausible option though. What's Nokia US' turnaround time these days now that they are doing warranty service other than at the former service center in Melbourne, FL?

5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have no idea what the turnaround time is for Nokia repairs. I would just talk to T-Mobile. They may just replace the phone right then and their.

6. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's probably the best step. The phone is still under warranty and T-Mobile would certainly honor it.

7. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hi

Not to sound like a broken record...but can anyone verify how many attempts there is truly on a Nokia 3220b phone? like 3 times and it's locked..or is it 5 times?

Thanks.. I'm actually on hold right now trying to get technical assistant from t-mobile and now the phone says can't undo restriction....so not sure what the problem is.
    I might ask about exchanging the phone for another one....,etc. if I have too.

any recommendations or anyone help please! :)

8. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    okay..so more and likely the phone is permantly locked. they gave me a 1800 number direct to Nokia to talk to them about it ...as the code they gave me from Nokia doesn't work.
    all the phone will say is can't undo restriction.

so at this point unless they have a master unlock some way to do it...I don't know what to do....tears.... :(

9. steveu452

steveu452 New Member

When it says "Can't undo restriction", that means that you have the right code, but you have already used up your 5 tries. The only way to unlock it now is with a cable.

T-Mobile should be able to do this for you. I don't think you need a new phone, or for it to be flashed (unless you firmware is older, in which case you might want to get it flashed anyway).