Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 3220b ringtone and data cable question

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by kjo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Ok...so T-mobile obviously is never going to support Hi-Fi ringers for my little Nokia...so I've gone to just recording them witht the recorder...but it sounds distorted for the most part. So I'm wondering...I can't email them to myself. What would happen if I got a Nokia data cable...could I cut and paste them from the computer to the phone? I mean my phone has accepted a few .mid files that I sent using tmomail.net. but if it's too big it drops it.

The phone is fine..I just wish I could get those pesky ringtones to work! If anyone can answer this please let me know!
    Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hopefully you are not tird of seeing an answer from me again, and yes I have had enough caffeine today, thank you very much. :D

Yes you can transfer them from the computer to the phone using a data cable, and downloading the PC Suite free from the Nokia website.

Hope this helps.

Have fun :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Nope I like it when you answer my posts! I think of you as the Nokia Queen:browani: Caffeine is good..I think I'll get some more myself!
    So here's another question..thanks for the links by the way, but can I buy a generic nokia data cable from ebay??? I think it's called a dc-5 or something like that??? and will it work with the nokia pcsuite? or will they know it's a fake cable! :eek:

4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks, that much better than saying "charlyee don't you ever work" :D .

As to your question, I honestly do not know, some Nokia phones are more finicky than others. I have used generic cables with my 6230b and it worked fine, but I don't know about the 3220b.

I got my generic data cable from the Tang Shop

5. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    :) I wouldn't say that! :wink: you just are so good you work fast and have time left over :browani: hee hee

thanks for the link. I didn't see the data cable listed in there. it says it up in the description but all i see is the memory card usb reader..unless that's it? I'll save the link and check it out after I get my work done ;)

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks you are definitely sweet, but I don't know about honest or forthright...LOL(ok guys don't freak out it's an inside joke)

No the memory card USB cable is the wrong one, here is the after market version of the one you want....:)

7. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thank you. I see the cable instead of the light! Why for the life of me I couldn't get it to come up..I don't know. one of my loony moments:loony:

I'll check it out and check with my phone to see how it feels about having new ringtones. Yes I know I'm nuts... its a quirk that came with the honesty and forthrightness! :lmao: okay i'm losing it. Thanks again for the help. Work hard the rest of the day! :D :browani:

8. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Okay so I got my data cable in the mail today. I'll try it out soon and let everyone know if the Nokia will survive! :browani: I'm going to beat it if it doesn't work. Well not really ...but it sounds good:loony:

9. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    HELP! please

So I got the cable installed/software etc. I've got it to transfer files and back and forth and such...but I keep getting the message file format not supported. either the mp3s or the .mid files I'm sending!

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this thing to accept these dang ringtones. I don't understand why it won't accept.mid files. I have some other .mid files that it accepted when all I did was attach them to a email and send them to myself through tmomail.net...

I'm so bummed out....can anyone help!!! thank you!