Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nokia 3120 security code!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by atran89, Feb 19, 2007.

1. atran89

atran89 New Member

i reacently found my old nokia and went ahead to use it but when i turned it on my lock code appeared but by now i've forgotten the code. is there any way for my to reset the whole phone? so that i may use it? or is there away to bypass the security code? thanks.

2. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    If it is asking for the security code (not PIN #), try 12345. This is the usual Nokia default security code if you've never changed it to something else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. atran89

atran89 New Member

nope it's the pin number, cuase i already tried 12345

4. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Then it's the SIM card, not the phone. If it's attached to an active account, you may be able to get PUK code from the provider, it's the only way besides remembering the PIN code.

5. atran89

atran89 New Member

sorry i must have been mistaken in my previous post i ment the phoone is locked cause i took out the sim card from my curent phone and put it in and the phone locked but when i put it back in my current phone everything worked fine.

6. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Does the phone specifically ask you for a security code? Or does it ask you for a pin #?

If it asks for the security code and you've already tried 12345 without success, then the default has been changed. You can try guessing at what you might have used (it will be a 5 digit number). I believe if you guess 5 times incorrectly, the phone will not let you make any more attempts for 5 minutes. But then you can try again.

I am not aware of any way to "bypass"/reset the security code if you can't figure it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I guess the 3120 has phone security enabled and requires you to enter the security code every time a new SIM is introduced, unless of course it's a SIM from a different provider than the phone is locked to and it wants the subsidy code.

There are ways to calculate the "Master Security Code". No guarantee if it'll work or not, but you can try this calculator — it worked for my 6820. Note: this is not the same as subsidy unlock code, if the phone is locked this code will not help!

8. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Thanks for the calculator information. You just never know when that might come in handy. :)

9. billthedill

billthedill New Member

put sim from my broken fone into my old nokia 3120 accepts pin then asks for security code its not 12345 and thx nokia for wanting 50 bux to unlock it,any ideas anyone.