Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 2865i short review and questions.

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by JasonWells, Jan 10, 2007.

1. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    The Nokia 2865i finally arrived yesterday! It seems to be a very user friendly phone. The bluetooth, infared and radio are great features. The screen is QUITE nice, the size is great, it is lightweight (hardly know it's in pocket), the ringtones are nice. It seems to be a great little phone, very value oriented. With the power saver on, the battery life is outstanding. It has the options of looking at SID, PRL, systems, etc without having to know code sequences like the 6015i. It has done WELL with reception, but this weekend it will be tested in areas of very poor signal. I have noticed that with both the 2865i and 6015i in field test, the dB are similar, but in semi-fringe areas the 6015i will show -85, the 2865i -101. Funny, it hasn't hindered call quality. And in the semi-fringe areas, it has worked great. I am wondering if it is a feature that saves power on the 2865i because the manual says it only keeps enough dB to operate well. But, it will get a good test this weekend.

SO, is there a better handset currently offered that possibly has better signal qualities? I stopped at an alltel store with that question. The reps said a RAZR is stronger, along with a couple other moto suggestions. I can get a RAZR for $35. Is it worth it? Any other models to suggest? If dB is an issue, I will get another 6015i. How do the 6015i and Moto V710 compare with regard to dB in poor signal areas? THANKS!!

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

The Moto E815 is also a reception hog as well... Most people tend to do well with this phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I love the razr. I have had the V3c for over a year and have had great service out of it and you can put it anywhere. The e815 is great also but a little on the large size.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I have had the 2865i for about a month, and side by side, it does almost as well as my E815 and RAZR (and by almost, I mean I've had only one occurance where it could not place a call, and to be honest, I can't be sure it wasn't just a freak occurance). It is not quite up to 6015i standards, simply because of no external antenna, but EXACTLY on par with the antenna down.

EDIT: I keep both my RAZR and the 2865i with me all of the time (work and pleasure) except in work where I can't have a camera. If I can't make a call between them, than I am screwed. :)