Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NOKIA 2270 MetroPCS -How to Reset, delete or change phone data to do a new activation

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by New2Florida, May 26, 2005.

1. New2Florida

New2Florida New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 2270
    Wireless Provider(s):
    MetroPCS
    MetroPCS
    NOKIA 2270

I was given the above cell phone from a (former) friend in instead of him paying off a ($150) debt. I know I could have bought it new from MetroPCS for about $100, but I would have never seen a penny from the drug attack if I didn't take the phone. It appeared brand new because of the sealed box and he assured me it was never used. THIS TURNED OUT TO BE ANOTHER LIE, BECAUSE A PHONE NUMBER WAS ALREADY ASSOCIATED WITH THE UNIT. MetroPCS is NO HELP AT ALL -- AND THEY WANT ABOUT $70 TO ACTIVATE AND PAY FOR FIRST MONTH. New phone purchases are supossed to include first month service and no activation fee.

QUESTION: How can I do a Factory RESET/Restore
    or delete or change the internal phone data so to do a fresh, new activation by dialing *228

Purpose of a FRESH/New activation is to Sign up a new account, -which will start my first 30 days of service and get the phone a new phone number associated with it
    Thanks & email me: highlandbeach@gmail.com