Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

No more retention offers as of March 10th, 2008.

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by PCSuser, Mar 11, 2008.

1. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    All quotes below are from Username Redacted on SprintUsers.com:

"Hi, I work in retention and as of 9:15pm today we were told that we are not allowed to give any discounts, or credits of any form to keep the customer from cancelling.

The only thing retention can do for the customer is to fix any issues with the account, and credit any valid charges....same as any department.

So for the valuable customers that we want to keep, i apologize in advance that we can't do anything at this point. And for all the reps in other departments, i just wanted to give you the heads up.

Have a great day."
    -------------------
    "They told us any form of discount available to us. We used to be able to save a customer with either a service credit, or helping with overage. We can't do any of that now."
    -------------------
    "I know i can't confirm it for you PCUser, but i just wanted to say that around 9:15pm est. sprint sent us a message saying no discounts, credits, or retention offers, just resolve their issue as best you can. Thank you have a nice day. lol.

So i don't really know exactly whats going on there and why, but I will definitely give an update after work tomorrow as to whether or not this is permanent or temporary or what (i really would like to know myself, if anyone has any more info on it)

I hope this clarifies it a bit more for you."
    -------------------
    "Well i woke up hoping that it was verified by now. Maybe it was something for our center only? I have no idea, but if it was just ours, its kinda a sick joke to play and would have lost alot of valuable customers for no reason.

Also, I totally agree with what someone said about the retraining. They shouldn't just send out a message, cause for a year, i have been doing my job the same way (besides moving to ensemble) and then have them all of a sudden change the way you have always done it.

Anyway, i'll find out more when i go to work tonight. I was just hoping someone would of verified it by now, so i don't look like i'm full of it."

Quote from Username Redacted @ SprintUsers:

"Just some clarification on this. We can still issue credits if they turn out to be valid (i.e. set up on wrong plan, and so on). They are doing away with credits that the customer feel they deserve. Such as; "Yeah I went over my mins last month by 200 and now my bill is outrageous. Unless you give me a credit I am going to cancel my service" or the ever popular "It took me 20 mins to get this resolved and I think you should compensate me with a recurring credit." These are now gone. I have seen the email. If your bill is messed up because of an error on our part we will help you out. If your bill is messed up because you don't know how to check your minutes then that is your problem. I cannot monitor your mins and call you when you are about to go over."
    -------------------

So, it seems to be a company-wide thing being sent out to Sprint Retention sites!

This can't be good for trying to save a customer. Its been confirmed by only two out of about seven or eight retention represetntative on SprintUsers (and no other reps have posted ANYTHING on other boards). So... I am assuming its true.

Does anyone here at WA have any other information on this, clarification, or make more sense of it?

So is this a "for real" alteration Sprint has made, or is it some kind of misunderstanding on the OPs part, or is it a hoax?

-PCSuser

SOURCE: No more retention offers Mar10/08 - SprintUsers.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 PCSuser, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Interesting. I wonder if this might be a good thing for Sprint. Letting go of the people who are chronically never satisfied and always trying to game the system for more and more.

3. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I recall reading this a few times in the past also. I am a bit skeptical but I don't think it's a bad thing to tighten it up a bit.

4. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I am afraid getting rid of retentions may not be the best move for Sprint. Sprint can't afford to loose any more customers, even if they aren't the greatest customers.

5. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    According to Username Redacted's post...

I was correct in thinking that they won't be able to give anymore "shut up and leave us alone" credits. But if it is a valid reason theny they can. And also, it seems (from my friend who works at Sprint Retentions and go this e-mail) that they are saying no more "shut up and go away" credits. But by ALL MEANS you can (as it has always been) save a customer with perks/discounts on plans, etc.

It seems Username Redacted was a bit confused on the wording of the e-mail. All its stating is that no bogus "shut up and go away credits" anymore. But retentions, their plans, and offers are staying! AFAIK.

-PCSuser

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 PCSuser, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  6. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I think way too many people take advantage of Sprint's situation to get more and more than they should. I personally feel guilty about having a SERO plan, but then again I have brought them a lot of good post-paid customers that they would not have had without the SERO discount.

People that milk the hell out of the system make me sick. If the service is so bad / you have so many issues that you are contacting CS once a week then go ahead and switch carriers!

7. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    Sprint is attempting to bring the boat back around...its like turning the titanic around though...its gonna take awhile.

8. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I so agree with you their. Hope Sprint really dose tighten down, they give too much compared to any other carriers.

9. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Yeah... It's one thing to give away the farm, but it's another when no one else gives it away. How does Sprint keep track of all of the discounts and plans?

My friend has 1000 minutes shared between 2 lines for $60 ($40 + $20 for 2nd line), free 500 SMS messages, plus an 18% discount :eek:... I know that this is not helping the ARPU. The only downside to her plan is that each line is $20.

10. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Maybe its me but, I personally wouldn't have got rid of these "freebies" quite yet. I would have made sure other stuff is in line such as Customer Service, Web/Phone sales/support, etc first. These freebies is what brings a lot of customers to Sprint. I also agree that Sprint needs to stop giving away the farm as it was once said but, to do it before they really improve in the areas that actually really need improving, there would be no really good incentive for people to choose Sprint.

11. Studogvetmed

Studogvetmed Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo-6650 (Katana II)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm not all up on net etiquette, but it is likely a big taboo for you to repost someone's comments from one site to another site without their permission. If they wanted the information here, they would have posted here.

You may argue that posting it on a message board puts it in the public domain, but I think it is rude and inconsiderate to the sprint reps who were trying to tell us something to repost their comments (especially with usernames) outside of where it was first posted.

And I also think you are making a mountain out of molehill spreading this information across multiple sites before full information about the original post was even fully understood.

It's time that the higher ups suggest to retentions that they be slightly more judicious with who they spend their valuable time on keeping with the company. Time to call some people's bluffs, and if they call when you agree to let them cancel, then perhaps consider what their account is worth to keep.

This doesn't necessarily apply to people who have real complaints and issues as many people with retention plans did have. But There is no good reason to go to the ends of the earth to keep every single person who calls up and says "cancel" To some of them, I say good riddance, more spectrum for my phone.

12. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree.

With that said, I have no problem with Sprint ditching the past ways and going in a new direction. I think this would prove to be a good move in the long run.

13. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    My formal apology.

You can view my personal letter I wrote on my misdoings here: My deepest apoligies! - I am whole-heartedly sorry! - SprintUsers.com

Best Regards,
    PCSuser

14. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    At PCSuser's request, I have redacted the usernames from this thread.

15. hereticcavi

hereticcavi New Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 755
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i havent heard anything yet, of course im in the front line, sooooooo.

16. rirwin

rirwin Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q9h Global
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wireless from AT&T, Formerly Cingular
    Yes, but you cant fix something if you dont have the cash thats been given away to these people to be able to fix it.

If these people are realy so dissatisifed with thier service then get the F***out of here, pay the ETF and be on your way. Sprint will be better w/o u. Shure the churn will go hight, but that can be mitigated similar to directv by saying purging to low quality subscribers will result in a higher return on the higher creditworthy subs. Theres a reason why not everyone can get DirecTV w/o a deposit, DirecTV has a quality service and they want a quality sub, not someone that has to order service in their babby daddy's mothers sisters name bc their credit is so poor for not paying their cable, phone, wireless and gas bills.

17. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sorry, I have not had time to be on in a while. But I do have some information I obtained via e-mail.

--------------------

All existing discount and freebies WILL STAY. This only affects people who are wanting the discounts/freebies - they will not be able to obtain them from Retentions as easily now. And discounts are given by the Loyalty Team.

If you have two percentage discounts - you will be give ONLY ONE when you re-sign.

But for all of us who have freebies they will stay on our account as long as we don't change plans - its just that people who don't have them already can't get them anymore... so if you have it then your fine (no matter if its charged/offset credit or included). Also, if you do have the extras, and they get removed you can always have them re-added (as long as you have had them on your account before - because the hard SOC code will be on your account, just the feature might have been removed. All they have to do is reactivate the hard SOC and the feature will once again be active.) - so in short no more hard SOCs given out so leniently... but they will still be there (some of them at least) such as Pick3, and Bonus Minutes (from Retentions). And Loyalty discounts from the loyalty department.

Questions just ask.

-PCSuser

18. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    pcsuser,

how in the world do you get this plan? :mad:

My Retention Plan ($20.00): 1050 Minutes (500 F&F + 400 FM + 100 FM + 50 BM), Inc. Unilmited SMS/MMS, Inc. Unlimited PCS2PCS, Inc. Unlimited PowerVision, Free Unlimited 5PM N/Ws, Free Unlimited Incoming Minutes, Free Sprint2Home, Free Pick3, Free Unlimited PAM, Free VoiceCommand, and $10.00 Credit

19. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

One thing to think about is that it takes two to tango. I mean people bash on the customers who take advantage of the system yeah that is not right. But what about weeding out the employees as well who gave away all this stuff. I mean the focus can be put on those who try to milk the system. But what about those on the other side both are not good for the company.

Also it seems that when something like this is brought up Sprint once again gets a bad rep and noone wants to go that direction. I really hope that gets better for them. As far as I am concerned the more competition the better.