Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

No more data roaming in Eastern Ky ?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Hatingstupidpeople, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Hatingstupidpeople

Hatingstupidpeople New Member

New to this site guys but I have a huge problem. My buddy and I have the Sprint Samsung Instinct for more than 6 months we could use the web browser ( News, Sports , Email , etc) while roaming and hitting the Applachian Wireless towers in Pikeville, Phelps and South WIlliamson . On Tuesday the 23rd of December something changed. We can make calls and text message but NO web service . I have called sprint about 7 times they are saying its a A.W. tower problem , I have called A.W. and they are saying nothing has changed on their end. PLEASE help me below are some things I have info on

My Web browers works great on a Sprint tower this only happens on a A.W. tower

My other friend has ALLTELL and she CAN use the web while roaming on A.W. tower

A.W. customers are not having any problems accessing the web ( only Sprint customers are having problems)

All contracts are intact and active

Any info would help

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Maybe there is some feature setting missing from your account (or phone)? Another possibility is that Sprint has blocked your ability to data roam onto Appalachian because of heavy data usage.

Taken from Terms & Conditions
    Perhaps someone else has another explanation?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. badtux

badtux New Member

I've never been able to do data roaming with Sprint :(. Only time I've ever gotten data service with Sprint is in a Sprint service area. So apparently Sprint has a corporate policy in my area (California and Nevada) of not having a data roaming agreement with other providers, and it's now spread your way.