Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

no longer work for verizon

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by kranium007, May 29, 2005.

1. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    verizon wireless has great service but they are a bunch of a-holes to work for. the agent i was working for turned out to be using me, exploiting my talents, etc... so i left them. ill still stop by here and chat and give my input. - rich

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Were you working for an agent or directly for Verizon?

I know the local agent here treats all of their employees as independant contractors, no benefits and 1099's at the end of the year...pretty odd for a retail location.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    i worked for an agent for 3 1/2 years. they treated me well. or at least i thought so. i realized that the promises were quite empty, so i left.

4. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    You should look into working directly for a carrier, usually get better benefits and potential for advancement is present. With your experience you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in the door. The toughest thing is finding an open position. (at Verizon anyway.) In my area the Sprint (Airgate, Alamosa ) is always looking for people, but that's because their people don't make the money that was promised to them so they leave.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    When you work for an agent, hard work is not appreciated, it sucks. I just quit selling T-Mobile about a week ago.

6. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Here in Logan many of the agents (Allert Cellular) lie to the customers.
    Most of the agents are goint to college and need to make the most commission.

My old roomate goes with his wife to Allert to upgrade phone since he is out of contract. Was told he could not do that unless he wants to pay full price. His wife could sinup to VZW and end his service. Thought that was weird so he calls me. I talk to the rep I told him he was a lying sack of crap! I told my roomate that I would not buy from him, but go to Ogden to buy at a VZW store. He did not go down there so his wife bought a new phone and ended his service. Why did the rep lie? He probably would have got $50 or so doing a phone upgrade and $150 for doing a new activation. At an offical store they do not like churn rate to go up so this would not happen.
    This is the only thing I do not like about agent stores where there should be an offical store to stop things like that to happen.
    I do understand you need agents. Like in my hometown they are not going to have an offical store in a town of 5,000 people you need an agent there.
    Sometimes agents can sell you a wireless phone cheaper and if you know you are 100% for sure you will fulfill the agreement then agents can be good.

7. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    sorry to hear that, Kranium!!! Their loss!!!

8. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    WoW....sorry kranium. Hopefully it will work out somewhere else.

Seems like everyone at multiple carriers are getting upset from the crappy treatment. What is going on with these carriers? :confused: