Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nights and Weekends coming next month to T-Mo Prepaid?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by storkus, Jan 7, 2007.

1. storkus

storkus Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3xx RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular--Locked in another 2 yrs :(
    I was just told that this afternoon at an indy phone retailer and was wondering if
    someone could confirm it. Will it be 7pm or 9pm? Will they add M2M as well?

I was considering a SERO plan, especially with my limited minute usage, but I may
    go with T-Mo prepaid if this looks good, especially since I should not even need to
    buy a new phone (just unlock my Cingular original V3).

Mike

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

That'd be cool if they get it. Hopefully they won't be stupid and have mandatory auto pay a la Cingular Pick your plan. If their rates fall in line with Virgin Mobile, net10, or Alltel, i'd be pleased.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. storkus

storkus Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3xx RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular--Locked in another 2 yrs :(
    Ok, I know it's off-topic, but I have to ask: ALLTEL's rates seem excessive on their
    prepaid. Am I missing something? I check a couple of days ago, and found
    something similar to what Cingular charges: 75 cents a day, used or not, and
    15 cents a minute. Ouch.

Mike

4. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    The pay-per-day is 15 cents a minute but the advantages to it are that the minutes never expire and you can add as much money on your account as you want at a time. You don't have to add $$ in $100 blocks to get the cheapest rate, or like Tracfone, to get a $120 card with some minutes that doubles the rest of your minutes so you can get minutes at 10 cents. And you don't have to buy a card every month. It's a really good option for somebody looking to carry a backup line or somebody that doesn't use the phone much who can't justify paying for a phone and an initial $100 card. That's really the biggest point, you can get that rate, refill it with $5 when you want, and the balance won't expire. If you want to spend $10 with T-Mobile, you get 30 minutes which is 33 cents a minute and they expire in 30 days, with Alltel it's always 15 cents a minute and they don't expire, it's just a matter of perspective depending on how much you like to spend in one pop. You have to get a $100 card initially to get the 10 cent minutes that you were talking about with T-Mobile. When you really think about it, most people that need to buy minutes in $100 blocks would probably be much better off going on a contract. There's also a lot of people living on a weekly paycheck who I'm sure it would really hurt their monthly finances to have to spend a large chunk of cash on pre-paid minutes at a single time and can only put a little extra cash towards minutes. For them, Alltel is still 15 cents/min while most others might be 30-40 cents/min. Texts are also only 5 cents each.

The pay-per-day is a little better than Cingular also. Cingular is $1/day. With Alltel you also get your choice of 2 of the following 4: Unlimited texts, Nights & Weekends, Mobile2Mobile, and Unlimited Calls to any single number.

I didn't really know if you were 'missing' anything because I wasn't sure how much you knew about them. So I just thought I'd describe them and their advantages. Hope that was good enough! lol :) It also allows you to make calls on Alltel's network, Verizon's, Sprint's, etc. (even though there's the double-dialing thing). It's not tied down to a single network like some other pre-paids.

#4 UFO, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Although the minutes don't expire on alltel's $.15/min (pay per minute) option, you must make/receive a billable call in a 30 day cycle! If not, $4/month will be deducted from the account. This has happened to me because I forgot about the phone. Also, the pay per day minute rate is $0.10/min (and not .15) in addition to the .75/day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    I sure hope it's not going to be on prepaid. I don't want T-Mobile to have that nasty $1 per day thing. If you want monthly service get it. Don't make us prepaid people pay for what you can get on a monthly plan.

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I agree, no daily fees either!!!

8. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Exactly, if you use your phone daily even for 1 or 2 calls, then it's cheaper to get a plan.
    These $1.00 per day is for the light cell user maybe 10 to 15 calls per month.

9. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    They better not pull this crap!

If they do they better leave people who had service already alone! apply it to new customers only. I will be so P'od! if they do that!:censored: :censored:

If they pull this crap..THEY will be Buying my phone back! arrghh!

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    thats almost as painful as INPulse......haha.......

this nights and weekends would be a real competition for everyone else..........especially GoPhones

11. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Virgin Mobile,Sprint PCS, Verizon Wireless
    Would they really give night and weekends for free? I think if they were going to charge, it should be like 50 cents only on days you use it.

12. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I seriously doubt it but stranger things happen all the time:D

13. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Does anyone know for sure if they are going to do it or not?

14. mingkee

mingkee Junior Member

My Phone:
    SE K790
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Beyond GSM
    personally I doubt
    if you call that much, you're better to sign a contract
    but $1.99/day unlimited weekends would be cool (will be deducted when you use it then)

15. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If they are going to charge I think they should give you the option to switch. I think there should be 2 plans. One, the rates as they are now. And the second plan could be 99 cents a day only when you talk on the night or weekend. If you dont talk on the night or weekend the rates should be as they are now.

16. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I agree, there shouldn't be a plan that'll charge you regardless of whether it's used or not that you can't get out of.

17. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

I have bought a Samsung D900. I have thought about getting T-Mobile To Go or Cingular 450 minutes, 5000 nights and weekends, and unlimited m2m plan for $34 (student discounts). Unless of course, I can get T-Mobile CSRs to give me a deal.

18. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yes but yo have to remember that there are some people who do conserve minutes on prepaid and if you force them to pay $1 if they make a call on the weekend when thye usually only make one call on the weekend......its kinda like BOOST's unlimited walkie talkie........some people do need that unlimited walkie talkie whenever but some people may only use it once a day and they are getting charged a whole $1 for one call or one CHIRP

19. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    They should allow you to choose and set up wheather you want it to charge you or not.

20. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It would be nice if T-Mobile were to have a poll so all of their custermers/future custermers could choose a plan.

21. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That way they would know that their custermers are happy.

22. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Yes, ideally it would be an option that one can choose to add to the plan or not -- or a whole different plan.

23. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yes i think that when the account ius set up.......the company should ask you what you want to have on the account.........unlimited texting..........expanded internet services........unlimited nights and weekends...........or pay as you go........and they could only charge you for those premium things whenever you use them

24. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I think that would be the best too.

25. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    on top of service where they want to go......2nd is options.......give the customer lots of options so they will have no need to call CS

26. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    In 2005, T-Mobile was marketing a hybrid plan, it was a prepaid plan but priced like postpay, I forgot the name that they used for it.

At the time of introduction, it was only available in the Austin, Texas and Boston markets. To the best of my knowledge, it was not advertised on the T-Mobile web site. I first learned of it at a Wal-Mart where they had brochures on it, but I've not seen nor heard of it since.

I'm not aware of any prepaid plan that offers free/discounted nights and weekend minutes.

27. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i'm pretty sure all of the GoPhone plans and possibly the INPulse plans have unlimited nights and weekends.........or maybe its just weekends....

28. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

Well, it's February. Are there news?

29. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    None of my T-Mobile sources have indicated this is coming soon, but they don't know everything

30. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Has anyone heard anything else about what is going on with T-mo's prepaid?

I stopped in and ask someone on Sunday. He said they were testing the free nights and weekends in some test country right now. But if they give it to all prepaid customers it's not supposed to add anything pricewise,etc. Just we get it.

I hope this is true. I don't really care that I get free weekends or not, as I'm not a power user on my phone. But I'll be so ticked if they start charging fees for everyone! I got the prepaid to be able to call at my convienience, not to pay as much as I did on a post paid plan! :mad:
    okay I'll stop ranting now:rolleyes:

I'm about to get my hubby a prepaid sim for my other t-mo phone as his beyond wireless is about to end, but I'm still so hesistant as it's so up in the air about t-mobile's prepaid.:(