Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nightmare Nokia Story-First I have ever experienced!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Steven2420, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Steven2420

Steven2420 World Champions Baby!!!!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    First Chapter

Well, after having many in-depth e-mail exchanges with Bobolito and Charlyee, I made a decision to trade in my 6681 for a 6682. Mostly because after Hurricane Wilma, everyone in my house had a signal but me. Good old 1900----OK Bobo, you were right again. I called Nokia last Friday and ordered it with a live, (I think) operator. He asked me for my billing address on my credit card and I gave it to him. The billing address is a PO Box, shipping is my home. OK, he tries to input it 3 times and then says it won't take it, so I told him use the same ship/bill to!! His response was, ok, it just accepted it.

Second Chapter

Sunday night I call to tell them make sure that they pack a silver model, I did not want white. They said sorry, your order was canceled. They never contacted me to tell me that. They told me that the Billing address could NOT be verified with AMEX (I told the guy) and they could not reach me---THEY NEVER TRIED! I replaced the order and then she said I could not have the $50 discount that the first guy gave me. She told me to order it on line and when I am all set and ready to confirm, then X-out of the page and a $50 coupon would come up. I did----it did, and I thought wow,what a scam that was. Ok, order placed, called back and told them I wanted FREE overnight shipping and they said OK, sir, we are sorry, no problem. Done deal, right, WRONG!!!

Chapter Three

In Orlando on a business trip and Tuesday night I noticed that I have NOT received an e-mail from Noika confirming shipping. The lady tells me, oh your order is shipping out tonight, and you should be receiving it in 3-5 days, that it is being sent USPS, that because of Hurricane Wilma, Fedex cannot deliver to your area. Total BS, my wife got 3 packages yesterday---Oh my God!!!!. I believe that the people in the next room at my hotel heard me. I said cancel the order, she said TOO LATE, I have NO way of reaching the warehouse now. I said I wanted a credit and she said "Sir, we don't do that, we don't have too! Wowwwwwww! Now I know the next room heard me. The next chapter may come the day I get my phone!!

Stay Tuned---PS, I still love Nokia, they are just to big to consider us little bugs important at all!

Steve

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Steven2420

OK, here is the rest of the story:

Chapter Four

The 6682 arrived in perfect condition, however, the pearl (white) one came and as fate would have it, I love it. It is nicer then the silver one. It works awesome (850-1900), once again Charlyee & Bobo, your knowledge reigns supreme. All is well that ends well. The ONLY thing that bothers me is that NO ONE added to this thread..:( :( :( :( ...I am sooooo sad. Oh well, just another of the millions of stories out there. Bye guys!!!

Steve

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Steve I think you are watching way too much IRON CHEF.....lol.

Seriously though, thank you, I am glad everything worked out for you so well.

4. Steven2420

See, I can ALWAYS count on my Cheesehead friends from Wisconsin to respond to a desparate plea for attention....LOL. Thanks Charlyee!!! Don't be so modest, you are a wealth of information!! Like the HELP DESK!!! :browani:

Steve

5. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular

Hey!!im frm Wiscomsin too!dont make fun of us!!:)

i liked the stroy i had a similar one...:D

6. Steven2420

TWood,

You guys are the best, Iam a big Brett fan!!! Thanks for the response,tell your story!!!! :rant: :rant:

Steve

7. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    Haha ok, lets see if i can remember
    hmmmmmm

Well when i lost my phone i have insurance on our phones..i call The Signal(insurance company) i make a claim..they tell me my phone will be there in 2-4 biss. days. i have already been waiting for 3 weeks to file this claim....when i do they say i will be geting a LG VX6100..im happy since i have been wanting this phone for a while..i go out and get a battery for about $40 i get the phone..open it up guess what! its not the VX6100...its the VX6000, call the signal they tell me they had some in stock still and cant replace it..i started to angry..haha over a phone...they still say no..well now im stuck w/the battery that i got in WI. Dells, i live in the madison area..stuck w/it i dont think imma drive about 2 hrs? jus to return a battery..i may have a use for they battery after all!! The phone is now making a faint beebing noise while on the phone(not min. timer) they said they might send me the same phone! i say NO i have heard of this happening many times why send me the same phone if its gunna happen over and over agin...u guys are the ones spending the money here not me..why not just send me a VX6100;) The rep. said that he would send an email to the warehouse to see if there is a diffrent replacement phone for it have to call back tommrow to find out..i hope i get a 6100!!!i want this phone soooooooooo bad!!!
    yeah i know its not a Nokia but i was looking and read this one and yeahhhhhhhbut u get the point. i hope?

i donno if its like urs i think it is

wow that was alota typing!!fewwww

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Here is my addition to Nokia stories:

I got tired of Cingular telling me that they can not unlock my 6682 and for having messed up some programs with the software they loaded after the fact, so I decided to order a 6682 directly from Nokia last Friday afternoon.

Very nice and helpful CS took my order, gave me free expedited shipping for being a loyal customer since the stone age and assured me the following.

1. It is unlocked & unbranded - "you can pop in any SIM anywhere in the world and you are good to go."
    2. They only come in silver from them - " I didn't even know there was an ivory"
    3. All correspondence was going to be sent to my work E Mail.
    4. It was getting shipped to work.

He gave me another number to call in 2 hours to make sure that the order had been proceesd.

Two hours later, another very nive CS informed me that the order had been process and the phone will go out Monday. She also told me the following:

1. It is not really unlocked, it will only work with Cingular & T-Mobile and not with any foreign SIM card.
    2. She has never shipped out a silver, only ivory.
    3. The only E Mail on record is my home E Mail.
    4. It is getting shipped to my home address.

So I correct the E Mail and Shipping address.

I come home and find an E Mail from Nokia, saying that my order cannot be proceesed and will be cancelled unless I call within 72 hours and correct the problem.

I call Saturday morning and was told:

1. There is no problem with the order it is going out Monday.
    2. It is getting shipped to my work.
    3. There is no record of my work E mail.
    4. She didn't know if the phone was unlocked and had no control over what color I would get.

So I guess I will wait until Tuesday to find out what exactly I did get or if I even get one. Unless ofcourse WA's resident mathematician wants to do a probability calculation of my getting an unlocked, unbranded, silver phone at my work address, with shipping info sent to my work E Mail....:lmao:

9. Steven2420

I totally understand Charlyee. And by the way, the ivory is the pearl that I was telling you about (I'm sure you knew that). Your story sounds so similar to what I went through. It seems like there are some major companies out there that grow so quickly at times, that they grow right past their own Cutomer Service capabilities. Another good example of that is Dell as well as Metro PCS. They both grew at such a rapid rate that their sales FAR exceeded their ability to deal with issues. I know that Nokia has been around forever, but just take a look at their growth in the last 10 years. I believe that you will get the same phone I did....Pearl......and awesome!! I will monitor your saga!!

Steve

10. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Charlyee, I can't calculate that without more sample distribution data.

Based on my non-mathematical analysis, I'd say you'll be lucky to get a silver phone. However, I think it will be unlocked (whoever heard of a phone locked for both TMO and Cingular?) That is, if it makes it to either your home or work--someone else may be getting a new phone instead.

11. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Ok wgray and Steven2420, I receuved my 6682 today. Here is what I got, its the pearl color, it is unlocked, I used it with my TM SIM, it came to my work address, and there wasn't any notification of shipment to either E Mail....:rolleyes: .

I love the phone none the less.

PS:Wgray, atleast somebody else did not get my phone..:D

12. Steven2420

Charlyee,

That is great news! Both of our stories ended well! The one thing that you are not gonna like is that you will not be able to use your MobiTV subscription anymore. I just got of the phone with them and they said the phone has to be Cingular branded.......:banghead: ...............NO THANK YOU!!!

I will live without it. Have fun with your new Nok and take care!

Steve

13. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Glad to hear it.

14. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks Steve, I won't miss MobiTV, infact I only tried it out for fun. I do have a problem believing that the phone needs to be Cingular branded to get MobiTV, I think all you need are the settings for it, and if you really want it, keep calling Cingular, and maybe one day a knowledgable helpful tech will help you set it up.

I was hoping that I would get the editable versons of WORD & EXCEL, but I guess that didn't happen. I don't know if it's my imagination but this phone seems to faster on data than the Cingular branded one.

wgray, thanks, I am happy:)

15. Steven2420

Charlyee,

You are right, and I want to tell you that the Nokia is MUCH faster then the Cingular branded one. I have used both. As a matter of fact, it is faster then the 6681 that I sold on eBay! Was there a problem with MobiTV, why won't you miss it?

16. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Steve, there was no problem with MobiTV, I just did not find it useful enough or fun enough to miss it.

17. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    so if its the white one, is it unlocked. do you still use it, and how do you like it.:confused:

18. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    walkguru, I also have the white directly from Nokia, I think it is actually called pearl. It is unlocked, unbranded and Cingular & T-Mobilr ready.

I had the Cingular branded one before this and the data transmission is 50% faster on this one and the battery lasts twice as long.

This is the best phone I have had.......and I sure have had a few..... :D

19. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    dang, well im real happy for you.