Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Night calls using plan minutes?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by nick2588, Sep 19, 2007.

1. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    This is probably just a complaint more than a request for help, but here goes...

I think that my night and weekend calls while roaming are counting as plan minutes. I checked a few days ago and I had used 57 minutes. That day, I made a long call that was about an hour and a half on 9/14 at 7:03 pm (while roaming, of course :rolleyes:). Now today I look and it shows that my plan minutes used are 163. There's pretty much no way I could have used that many plan minutes in just a few days since it was a weekend and on Monday the only person I talked to was my boss (as you can imagine, those calls are quite short instead of in the 100-minute range). Why did this long call use my plan minutes?

Also, I'm disappointed that the monthly bill from Sprint doesn't indicate "N/W" on each call that counted on night and weekend minutes like my T-Mobile bill did :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    That's interesting. I'm sure that this is more of an error in Sprint's billing system and a call to CS should hopefully fix that. When I had Sprint and roamed, it showed (on my bill at least) that those calls did not use my Anytime minutes.
    Good luck!

3. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Sounds interesting...

Keep in mind that what you are seeing is an estimate. It might not be correct until the bill has been generated. But let's be honest, that's probably not the issue... Roaming usage/charges/issues can be so fickle sometimes...

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I myself have not seen that at all either so yeah I will look out for it.

5. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It is also worth noting that roaming will NOT take away from any courtesy minutes you may have. I was awarded 100 courtesy minutes for a previous issue, but it will not use 100 minutes unless I am on the Sprint network. Normally courtesy minutes are used prior to regular plan minutes, but roaming takes away from plan minutes directly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    HMM that is strange.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    the only minutes that dont work when you're roaming are M2M............so yeah basically it oculd be a billing problem..............my mom got charged for wireless web usage on her phone when she has unlimited vision included in her SERO plan

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have had night calls that seem to bill as peak, and then when I check my account again a few days later, the 100 peak minutes used has turned into 33, so I figured the matter corrected itself.

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    that tends to happen a lot..........when i did text messagin...........i would text and then my text count would go from 100 to 150 (e.g.) but then the next day it recalculates and brings it back down to like 20 or whatever i really used

10. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Actually, it seems that is what happened this time. I just received my bill and the number of anytime minutes on my final bill is lower than the estimated number shown online. I ran my call list through Excel and came up with the same numbers Sprint billed me for. I'm really amazed, I didn't expect anything to adjust before the final bill, but everything is looking good. :cool: