Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel's current web promotion

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Rich, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    I was just at Nextel's web site, they have some pretty cool special's going on. For 49.99$ a month you can get 400 anytime minutes, 4500 night & Weekend minutes, Nationwide long distance included and 5000 Freqent flier miles. You also get 100 "Direct Connect" minutes and all call's are rounded to the second. When you order online you get free activation, 25$ service credit, up to 200 bonus minutes and every phone is 50$ off. Oh yeah, they also have a 59.99$ plan that gives you 500 anytime, 5300 night & weekend minutes and 200 "Direct Connect" minutes, and for those who need more minutes there's a plan for 79.99 that gives you 800 anytime minutes and (WOW) 7000 Night & weekend minutes. I think Nextel's finally starting to come around.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Rich, I live in Oregon and I just got my phone (i90c) and I love it, the service is great and customer service is excellent. I just thought i would let you know...thanks again, Kim

3. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Yeah, maybe once they put some cell towers up they will actually be a reliable cellular company.

4. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    DiverDown, I'm interested in hearing who is an "reliable" cellular company, if one exists..? Last time I checked they were the 5th largest cellular company in the U.S, so I'd assume they would have some towers...wouldn't you..? Secondly, Nextel is the only real company that is built from the ground up (unlike Sprint) because of their "unique" technology. I spend most of my time on an airplane or in a car driving and Nextel is so far the best that I've found. So next time you make a statement you should try to back it with the facts....!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Well Rich, I know its the 21st century but to keep some of your manhood maybe you should be a tad less sensitive to people's comments. 2nd of all its a fact that Nextel has the smalles wireless network out of all the major companies, its even smaller then voicestreams, the only difference with Nextel compared to to VoiceStream and at one time Sprint is that VoiceStream and Sprint are dirt cheap. Sprint now has improved there network and increased there prices. The saying you get what you pay for doesn't apply to nextel because you pay up the nose for a shitty single band network, I wouldn't be caught dead with a single band phone, because god for bid I got stunk in the middle of no where I at least have the safety of using the analog band and making a call, and I have been in some pretty desolate places especially in Norhthern Michigan and I made a call on my Verizon Phone in a town that has 600 people, and best friend next to me couldn't do that on his Nextel (Actually at that time and place his phone was replaced by what I like to call a 8 ounce piece of plastic:) SO there is my backup, oh and yes all the information is factual.

6. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi DiverDown, I'm sorry if seemed a little harsh with with you, sometimes I get alittle carried away(I'm from New Jersey) but, I'll have to diagree with you on you assessment of Nextel. Your comment, "Pay up the nose for "shitty" single band network" True, it maybe single band, but "shitty" it's not. As for their coverage I think Nextel has the upper hand, Voicestreams coverage is small, smaller than Nextel's that's for sure. I think you will notice some changes within the next year or so, Nextel is going to be launching a major network expansion that will just blow your mind, how do I know you ask...? Well, my best friend works for Nextel corporate (thats all I'm inclined to tell you), so as you can see I have a little insight on whats going on. Oh yeah, if I get stuck in the middle of nowhere, I'll do it the old fashion way.... WALK.

Oh yeah, why don't bring your Verizon phone to my house in Arizona, where analog doesn't even work, but my Nextel... full " Digitial" service works great. So, as you can see some companies work better in different areas then others. So back to my original question...who has "reliable" service...?

7. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Hey I live in Michigan and am a lazy college student at Michigan State University who for some freak incident found this website, which lets me delve into my nerdy side without my friends or my girfriend making fun of me, so if you want to heat it up and get into any sort of an argument please don't worry about offending me, I was the won who mad the ballzy comment. Plus I am a PreLaw student who won day may just get paid to argue.

But if you want to invite me to Arizona, so I can get out of this shitty cold weather that for some reason isn't even snowing this year, which means I can't even ski, go ahead we don't even have to talk about cell phones:)

8. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Well DiverDown, I hate to the bearer of bad new but, it's snowing here right now.... that's right snow in Arizona, who would of thought....? I'm actually flying to Philadelphia,PA tomorrow where it's a little warmer, so good luck to you in school (been there done that) I'm sure you'll make an excellent lawyer.

9. jumper

jumper New Member

Rich...... How long have you been employed with NEXTELL ??????

10. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi "jumper" well first off I don't work for Nextel...Besides what do care if I do or don't. I'm just giving everyone some info on Nextel,is that a crime...? I thought that's what forums where for.

11. erub

erub Junior Member

Yeah, Nextel has some interesting plans going on. They don't have anything in the $30 range, which is where I shop :p. For some reason I keep thinking of Voicestream & Nextel together (probably because neither has analog fallback), Voicestream offers 3000 ANYTIME regional minutes for $50/month. I checked Nextel's site and couldn't find where it said that all calls are rounded to the second - that'd be awesome, as I know most companies round to the minute...also Nextel's nights & weekends start at 8 pm rather than 9 pm like many other carriers, another plus for them.