Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone have Nextel? If so I would like to know your opinion of the quality of the phones and coverage area.

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

The phones are very good and built very sturdy....the only phones you can get are Motorola's since they invented the iDEN technology Nextel uses. As to coverage, it is among the best in major met areas, but if you are going to the middle of no where you have a better chance for a signal with another company.

3. tourman

tourman Member

I had Nextel for about 6 months and had to break contract because the service was absolutely horrible.It was the worst I have ever had.I live on Eastern Long Island & worked in Brooklyn.There was no service between Little Neck Pkwy on Grand Central Pkwy to Jacki Robinson Pkwy.That is a strecth of about 5 miles.ALso on south shore of LI I had no signal and no signal between Wantagh Pkwy & Meadowbrook Pkwy.Another long strecth of road.When I did have signal the direct connect only worked about 60% time.For the prices they charge the phone should work 90-100% of the time.I went with AT&T after breaking contract & couldn't be happier.

4. zorba

zorba New Member

Is Nextel worth what they charge? With Cingular I get free mobile to mobile, long distance and voice mail. Most Nextel phones will only work on their network, my Nokia 3360 can switch from digital to analog when roaming. What's so great about "direct connect"?

5. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi Zorba, I guess my answer is ....you get what you pay for, I've been a long time Nextel customer and have had nothing but great experiences. Nextel offer's me what other service providers can't provide.. i.e, instant communication (Direct Connect) with someone with the touch of a button, all incoming calls are free and one second rounding. As far as coverage go's.. I think their by far one of the best, I travel alot in my business so I needed something reliable and that would fit my needs.

To the Anonymous poster..Nextel..or Motorola I should say, has recently come out with some smaller Nextel phones. Like the i90c.... I have that phone and it's great, the best phone I've ever used.Cnet gave it a great rating, stay tooned there are some more smaller campact Nextel phone's on the way.

Cnet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...