Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel Wireless Web

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by bradleyb, Jan 26, 2002.

1. bradleyb

bradleyb New Member

Have been a Nextel customer since April 2001 and recently, about December 2001, they have made a change to their service that I'd like to know if others have noticed.

With their basic Nextel Online package (not their Nextel Online Plus for an extra $10/month) you were able to edit your phonebook via their web site and send the changes to your phone which was a very handy feature when changing numbers and/or names of your address book.

Nextel states that first that it was a computer glitch on their end that allowed this service to work and then said later that this was a service upgrade that now makes this feature only available to subscribers of Nextel Online Plus.

Has anyone else missed the loss of the ability to change their address book entries on the web and don't feel it's worth an extra $10/month for that feature?

Brad

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Brad:

I've been waiting to see if a Nextel user would answer you. I hope you don't mind my asking....

Where did you first learn of the web service you mentioned -- from the contract you signed; from browsing around their website; from a friend?

What lead you to believe that the service was extended to all nextel subscribers?

Here is where I am going with this:
    1. If the service was specifically mentioned in the contract as being available to all subscribers, then this is not just a fixed computer glitch, it is a change in policy. All service companies usually have some disclaimer that unannounced service changes can take place at any time.

2. If the service wasn't mentioned in your contract and you just "discovered" that it happened to work, then why be upset. You had it free for a while. Now its time to "pay the fiddler" if you want to continue.

3. If it has always been a service defined as limited to enhanced subscribers, then it is Nextel that should be upset and bill you for having used it freely. They were kind in not back-billing you.

Regardless, based solely on your post, it seems Nextel has done nothing wrong in this regard.

Kevin