Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel vs. ATT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Solly1971, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Solly1971

Solly1971 New Member

My wife and I are choosing between cellphone plans. Our priorities are free or lots of minutes, nights and weekends, to make free long distance calls--and a national home calling area. The idea is to have the phone pay for itself by cutting in to our high home long distance bills. We live in Providence, RI but travel to NYC & suburbs, Chicago & suburbs & Fort Lauderdale every couple of months. We often drive between RI & NY. We're leaning towards ATT Digital Network Plan, calling region is the ATT national network (basically concentrated in population centers) 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends starting at 8, and long distance included, free Nokia phone, 50$/month. Nextel offers 300 anytime minutes, 3000 (or maybe 3500) nights and weekends starting at 8, and long distance included, rounds to the second unlike ATT, but I have to buy a phone--plan costs 39.99 plus a buck for caller id. I know from friends in NY that ATT is not the greatest, but I don't want a Verizon plan because nights start at 9. Does anybody know how bad ATT really is? And does anybody know anything about Nextel, other than their having a walkietalkie feature. I don't know anyone in Boston, RI, NY, Chicago, FL that uses Nextel. [​IMG]

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

3. Solly1971

Solly1971 New Member

Dobby,
    Things being equal--putting aside such differences as when nights begin--is Nextel comparable, better, worse to/than Sprint?

4. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Nextel is much better then sprint.

5. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi everyone, I will have to agree with Dobby on this one, Nextel has been around alittle longer that Sprint and has had more time to build out their network. [​IMG] Nextel has the Traveler plan that you might want to look at, you get 400 anytime min 100 Direct Connect 4500 night and weekend min Nationwide long distance included for $49.99 and you wont ever have to worry about roaming charges. They also have some other cool plans that you should check out...Like the "Free incoming" calling plans or the "National shared" calling plans, I also recommend going to an Nextel store and getting a loaner phone to test out. When you have made your decision buy your phone and plan go online for the best deal.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

A little OT here but in Atlanta which is one of the top 10 wireless markets, AT&T fall in last place behind all of the other wireless providers.

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    as rich said nextel would be a good choice but remember to look at their maps closley to make sure there is nextel coverage every place that you travel. Their phones will not roam on anyone eleses network.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...