Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel to Sprint w/Sero

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by hthomas83, Aug 9, 2006.

1. hthomas83

hthomas83 New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can do the nextel to sprint switch on the sero site. Im just worried about getting charged the ETF. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You won't be charged an ETF for switching from Nextel to Sprint or vice versa.

3. hthomas83

hthomas83 New Member

So it would go through just fine on the sero website then, right?

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Not sure. The SERO plans are normally for new customers only. Don't know if you would be considered a new customer since you already have Nextel. But you can try and see what happens.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    to get the SERO plan you would need to call customer care and have them do it because the website is for new agreements only.....the disadvantage would be that you would have to signa new service agreement

but you could stay with Nextel....you don't have to switch to Sprint to take advantage of the SERO plan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hthomas83

hthomas83 New Member

Do you mean call nextel/sprint customer service or the sero customer service to do the switch? I dont want my nextel anymore because my service is horrible in alot of places I go.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    you need to call the regular customer care....they should be able to handle it for you.....but if they can't i think they send you to the employee relations department or something like that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. luispena83

luispena83 New Member

can i get the sero plan without being an employee???and how would i be able to do it..?

9. luispena83

luispena83 New Member

in order to get SERO u need togo to the website...www.sprint.com/sero and setup a new acct..u will need an employee email todo so...u cannot go from nextel to sprint..i tried it...only way is setting up new acct thru website.

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    if you call customer care and tell them that you want to switch over from Sorint to Nextel then they will do it and they will get you a new phone......after you receive your new phone.......activate it and call Sprint (within the 30-day trial) and tell them that you want to switch to SERO....

if you don't have a Sprint employees email address then use this one:

lynn.neir@mail.sprint.com

you won't be able to setup a new Sprint service and port your Nextel number over using the SERO website it all has to be done through customer care

this should work but you might want to verify that with the first rep that you talk to......then when you finish with him/her....call back and ask again just to make sure........sometimes the reps don't know what they are talkin about

11. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    however in edit to my last post....i've been hearing some people complaining that Sprint won't let them get SERO because it has expired.....you might want to check that out to because it just might be the hinge for this whole door :rolleyes: