Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nextel problems today?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by frustratedv, Feb 14, 2007.

1. frustratedv

frustratedv New Member

anyone having trouble w/nextel today ? specifically in the NYC area?

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I have problems with them everyday here in NJ, and it seems like it's getting worst.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    thats why i got rid of my Boost phone........... :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. melnshell

melnshell New Member

NEXTELS TOWERS ARE FULL AND THIS IS WHY WE GET THE DROPPED CALLS AND YOU CAN HEAR PEOPLE TALKING TO YOU BUT THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU AND VICE-VERSA THE CAME OUT WITH THE HYBRID PHONES TO FREE UP SOME OF THE SPACE IT IS GOING TO TAKE TIME BUT IT WILL GET BETTER IN THE FUTURE JUST TRY TO BEAR WITH THEM

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Please don't post in all Caps, it's considered shouting & rude.

As for Nextel getting better, I can't see them getting better here in the NYC/NJ area, if they haven't yet. Too many holes as well as locked up networks.

I have a Hybrid phone & it doesn't help the PTT part, but does help the calling part of the service.
    I have found a lot of co-workers are so use to PTT only, when they can't use it they give up instead of trying to call using the phone side.

I have been teaching them as often as possible, but some don't seem to understand the difference & figure if PTT doesn't work, neither with calling, since it never use to work when PTT wouldn't.