Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel Prepaid

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by aznspiki, Aug 17, 2004.

1. aznspiki

aznspiki New Member

hi

where can i get the nextel prepaid service? can i just go to one of those dealers and sign up for it? what kindda phone are they gonna give me or i have to buy? can i use it with i730 ? i want to know more about nextel prepaid service...

thank you

2. pcardoza

pcardoza Junior Member

I don't believe they offer prepaid service.

3. neilson

neilson Member

Excuse me, but Boost Mobile anyone? I assume you live in a Nextel Partners market, as Boost is only gonna work in Nextel Corp. areas. The Nextel guys at HoFo wil be able to streighten you out just fine!

4. aznspiki

aznspiki New Member

yeah i heard about boost mobile. is it reallly good? that's the only prepaid service that nextel have or there is other services like that?

5. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    In the Boston area, I have seen retailers selling the Boost Mobile prepaid refill cards, but have yet to see these same retailers selling the phone package.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Finding a phone for Boost is going to be the hard part, I was on business in California when I got mine, but you can look on Ebay, I have seen new Boost phones there, and you can activate it on the website, just remember that you wont be able to get a local number where you are, will have to pick the closest place the offer the service. And you will have to invent an address in that area, which you can change later to your correct address.

Or you could pick up any used Nextel SIM based phone, and then get a Boost starter kit off of Ebay and use that.

7. gregmal2

gregmal2 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A310
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint, Virgin Mobile
    The Best Buy web site has them...............

8. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You can buy the phone at any Best Buy store or you can go into any Nextel
    owned store and buy it there.You can also buy the fillup cards there as well.

9. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Unless you live in a corporate Nextel market and plan to stay close to home I don't recommend Boost Mobile. Nextel's network is already small enough IMO. Boost Mobile is even smaller though as it does not work correctly in Nextel Partner markets. A lot of Nextel's markets are partner markets too so that's a big con for me. Their is much better prepaid services from other companies. Go with one of those.

10. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Good point, if you just wanted Boost for DC only ( like I do ) this wouldnt be a problem, but if you need to make calls from that phone, you might be out of luck if you were in a partners market. DC and incoming calls work fine, as do text messaging and web access, but you cant make outgoing calls in a partners market.

11. Drew10162003

Drew10162003 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i60
    Wireless Provider(s):
    NEXTEL WIRELESS 800MHz IDEN ---- Plateau Wireless
    Well i Live in A NEXTEL PARTNERS market and i can make INCOMEING & OUTGOING call just fine so get a NEXTEL phone & boost 32k Sim and your good to go!