Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel Partners - Burlington Vermont

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by wxram, Apr 28, 2002.

1. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Does anyone know when Nextel Partners is going to turn on their network in Burlington Vermont?

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I looked at there website and the only info it has on that city is that its under construction.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The Network Was turned on in Burlington Vermont June 5th or 6th. The Network is up and running. I have heard that they won't be selling the service to people till November. The exchanges in the Verizon Switch go live 7/11/2002. We'll see if it comes on early or not.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If I find anymore information I will let this message board know. I

-Mike
    mvoity@sover.net

5. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Thanks, Do you know their coverage area? And if they have any intention on extending coverage on i87 in New York past Lake George?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Right now their is GOOD service in the Burlington area. The service goes down Route 7 and stops in Middlebury just as you are coming down the hill as you enter the town. It then picks back up at Foster Motors on Route 7 in Middlebury. The Service in Rutland County is better than Verizon and Cell-one put together. The System was turned on in New York about (across the Lake from Burlington) in May. The Phone Switch for Nextel in Plattsburgh, NY went live 5/24/2002. Its just a matter of time before some starts marketing it.

-Mike
    mvoity@sover.net

7. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Thanks, Do you know what market they put it in or is it a new market? ( home area )

8. wxram

wxram Junior Member

9. Voity

Voity New Member

By the sounds of the pre-recorded messages on the system "UNY" I thinhk its going to be apart of the Upstate New York system. You would think that they would make it part of the New England Market since Vermont is part of New England.

-Mike

10. wxram

wxram Junior Member

I agree with you, it should be in the New England market. I am going up to Lake George this weekend and i am going to take a drive through Vermont and see how the coverage is.

11. Voity

Voity New Member

Let me know what you find out.

-Mike

12. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Coverage is awesome. I traveled Rt 4 from whitehall ny to rutland vt, I then took Rt 7 north to middlebury then Rt 125 west to crown point ny then back to ticonderoga ny. In ticonderoga i got a signal, but no bars. I noticed when i went out onto Lake George( Hague area ) i got a decent signal for the first time. I'm sure i was picking up a tower in rutland cnty. Now all they need to do is get more coverage on the northern part of the lake and to continue coverage on I 87 to canada.

13. Voity

Voity New Member

Today Nextel Partners turned on one Exchange for their system in Vermont. 802-316 (Essex, VT (Burlington)), exchange is now active for Nextel Partners. The 802-342 (Rutland), 802-369(White River), and 802-839(Montpelier) are not active yet.

14. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Will they be adding coverage on the northway in ny from lake george to the canadian border?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

As far as i know there is service on the I-87 Northway to at least Platsburgh.

16. wxram

wxram Junior Member

I'll have to check that. I am going to Lake George for a weeks vacation next week. Last year when i was in the area there was no service along i87 near Schroon Lake to Lake George. Do you think they will be expanding the service area around Ticonderoga NY and especially Hague area of NY?

17. Voity

Voity New Member

I sure that there is service in the Port Kent area and up. Before Nextel turned thier servic on in Vermont the signal was comming from New York. While driving up Route 7, Charlotte, Vermont was the First spot whrere i received service from the New York Side. I think that there might be service in the For Ti area.

18. Voity

Voity New Member

All 4 Nextel Vermont Exchanges are active today.

19. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Thanks, I'll let you know if there is service up there when i go on vacation.

20. wxram

wxram Junior Member

Well i'm back from vacation. There is no service from exit 25 thru 30. I did get a signal from exit 31 to 33. I also got a signal on top of Whiteface Mt. On one side i had nextel and on the other i roamed off telus.

21. wxram

wxram Junior Member

22. wxram

wxram Junior Member

23. Voity

Voity New Member

Well I finally did it. On Thursday of last week (7/25/2002) i ordered my service. There is only one person that is selling NEXTEL service for vermont Right now. Wells Communications in Plattsburgh, NY is the agent i was able to go through in order to receive service. I will post more info when it is made available to me.

24. wxram

wxram Junior Member

can't wait

25. Voity

Voity New Member

I have My Phone! I Got the i80s. The Service in seams to be good. I'm Going to New Jersey This weekend. We'll see how the trip goes for service. My PVT ID is: 178*95*58509 PVT me if you get a chance.

-Mike

26. wxram

wxram Junior Member

The service from exit 24 on the northway all the way to New Jersey is excellent. I will try to d/c you but it won't work right now because i am in the new york market. I live near Newburgh. E-mail me.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Where in Vermont are you using the service? Have you driven around a lot with it? How is the service off of the Interstates and major highways (7, 2, 4)?

28. Voity

Voity New Member

I am in Burlington. My Father is in Rutland. He says its works better than Verizon in Rutland. I had a list of the towers that Nextel has in Vermont but i lost it. I will ask for it again and post it. Service in Burlington has been good. When i go to NJ this weekend i will wathc the service as i travel down 7.

29. wxram

wxram Junior Member

How was the service on your trip?