Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nextel or ATT ? I don't want dropped calls NJ,NY,PA

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi
    I Travel from NJ to NY and PA.
    I have my 800 number forwarded to my cell phone.
    I have ATT and I have some dropped calls
    I can't have dropped cals
    Is better NEXTEL? What do you suggest?
    Thanks
    Jaim

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

If I had to choose ATT or Nextel....I would go Nextel...Nextel generally has fewer droped calls in Major Met areas.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The benefit of nextel for you would be that you can get on a plan where all of your incomming calls are free.

I personally would recommned verizon because they will cover you in rural areas where nextel might not.

Nextel phones can not roam so it would be a nextel signal or nothing (check out the coverage maps at nextel.com)

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sup anonymous.

for your market and travelling needs id say go with sprint or Verizon.

I live in North Jersey and travel the tri state area and coverage is great, few dropped calls and no network busies. go with a sanyo or kyocera phone they hold signals like a champ.

the coverage is strong in all of the metropolitan areas and suburban areas and all the highway corridors; check the coverage map for info on more rural areas; a good chance in the rural u will pay analog roaming fees if you must make a call.

if you are going to be hitting the rural areas off the beaten path you should probably get verizon as they cover those best of anybody around here. verizon is also great in this market.

nextel is ok my friends use it but complain of dropped calls and the other poster is right; no roaming on nextel at all its only their signal or bust.

5. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hello everyone, well you probably know who I'm going to recommend...you got, Nextel.
    If it's one thing Nextel excels in it's coverage in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York, as
    most of you already know my family owns a very large construction company in Jersey
    and they do travel quite extensively through out those immediate areas.

It's unfortunate that Sprint or Verizon doesn't offer free incoming calling plans, otherwise.. I would recommend Verizon for your second choice. Nextel has a lot of other great features that some of these other company's can't offer you, i.e.,. All calls are rounded to the second, after the first minute, the Direct Connect feature is great if you know anyone with a Nextel phone, soon to be Nationwide Direct Connect..at the end of 2002. Hey give them a try, they have a 30 day return policy..what do you have to lose...!!! Go directly to a Nextel (Corporate) owned store for the best deal or their web site.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I just recently got Nextel a month ago, after several people here recommended it here. So far today, 1 dropped call. [​IMG] And I was on an extremely important call to my health insurance company regarding upcoming surgery bloodwork. Kinda p'd me off too, since I was in the surgeon's office. I never have this problem with MCI, Verizon or Voicestream. But Nextel does have good signals and clear voice, but then again, so does the other three I mentioned above.

SweetBoXx

7. Gman

Gman Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    He wants NO dropped calls apparently. A landline is his only choice. No one can say he won't have any dropped calls. More realisticly, he should lower his expectations of wireless providers and understand that no network is perfect and go with the provider that serves best in the areas he frequents most.

G.

8. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Remember that no network is perfect and that all carriors will give you some droped calls.

Jack

9. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

Don't go with Nextel. They are horrible! I have their service in Staten Island,NY and the phone never works. I'm switching to Verizon because they have better coverage and very few dropped calls. 8 out of 10 of my call on the Nextel network are either dropped or very unclear. Go with either Verizon or Voicestream.

10. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Well most of you know who I'm going to propose 'anonymous' goes with, Voicestream it is. I have sat back they last few days just to see if anyone else besides me would say some good things about Voicestream, and they have, Scalici26 & SweetboXx. I have friends in those areas, and some that travel those areas, and they all have been happy with Voicestream Wireless. However Voicestream doesn't have analog either; They only have a digital (GSM).

As for the rural parts that have become a part of the discussion, I'm not from your area so I don't know how Voicestream's rural coverage is, but if you are going to be out in the rural areas, then I have heard that Verizon should be good in those areas.

I fully recommend Voicestream Wireless to you.